The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Been working on a turbo kit for my Elise, and as most of you know there are not too many out there =P

I've gotten in contact with a few different manufacturers and hopefully if all goes well we'll be able to bring a cheaper option to the table (about a $4k kit after everything is said and done if installed by yourself) At least I'm thinking it will be around there...maybe a little less, maybe a little more. Depends on how much these guys want to charge for the product.

I'm not going to release the manufacturers as I don't want anyone e-mailing them and bothering them about "how is the manifold coming...blah blah." Lol.

Given things go well we should have this up and going around the first few months next year. I will also be making videos of unboxing and install of the first parts/some of the custom fab work I'll have to do/source on my side.

If you guys would like me to update you on how things are going feel free to e-mail me at my personal e-mail/work e-mail.

[email protected]
[email protected]

-Ty-

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Monkeywrench has a turbokit for $6000. Im doubtful that you can REALLY beat that price. And unless you own your own shop, credibility is going to be hard to earn.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the late responses, I've been super busy.

@Noxx
Sidemount intercooler w/ fan

@OneTon
Good ole US of A =P All the custom parts will be from good reputable dealers, most are new to the lotus game, but have plenty of experience with other cars.

@Marius
As this will be the first line of testing their parts it probably won't make as much as the MWR set-up(with the first batch) but once it is fine tuned I'm sure it will be up to par.

@Hello Kitty
The only pieces I will be fabricating are the IC pipes, everything else is going to be made by professional, reputable companies =)

@streetthrowback
This is what one of these companies is specifically working on for me, so this will be available =)

Thanks for the questions and feedback guys.

-Ty-

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, was told it will be specifically made to mate with the stock exhaust bolt points :D

SEMA has put a few of the companies a little behind, but we still should be on track for late winter/early spring 2013.

-Ty-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts