The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
"We couldn't help ourselves, though: we added a custom one-off turbocharger system, which nearly doubles the stock horsepower to 310"

am i wrong to think the photo looks like a s2 (190HP) compared to the s1, (160hp) ?

math:
190 doubled = 380hp
160 doubled = 320hp (closer to the 310 stat)

a little confused...

ps - they should remove the 'model' by the car in their preview pics. looks like they offered her some crack to pose by the car. (i know that is mean) :-/

·
Older but getting faster
523 Posts
"
ps - they should remove the 'model' by the car in their preview pics. looks like they offered her some crack to pose by the car. (i know that is mean) :-/
+1

Bleah.:confused:

·
Registered
736 Posts
$618 per day is their discounted rate? Good luck with that. I remember Lotus's going for half that in Vegas. East coast mark up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I did run across that site when I was in the market for an elise. what would the 0-60 times for a that elise be like? Early 3 seconds?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,138 Posts
I drove it for a weekend and it was a total blast, this Lotus is a great point of reference for anyone wondering about forced induction. What's even more interesting is that this car was built by Hypersport.

·
Registered
580 Posts
A few things to note, and for the record, PRI is my company and I built the car in question in its current form.

1) The car is indeed the original Hypersport prototype turbo car. We purchased it in race car form and converted it back to street duty. At current it's a GT28RS (what Hypersport used) with quite a lot of drivability and reliability tweaks added. It's quite a lot lighter than a stock car as well.

2) Yes, you can rent a beat to hell Elise for a fraction of what we charge. If you want "an Elise" with trim falling off and a destroyed gearbox for the lowest cost possible, that's probably your best bet. Ours is meticulously maintained, fast as hell, and highly customized. Nobody else rents anything like it in the US.

That's to say nothing of the perks we throw in with all of our vehicles.

If anyone in the area has concerns about what the car is and isn't, they may want to seek out Steve Stander of TRG (previously of NJMP)-- he utterly embarassed a PCA instructor in a GT3 at NJMP in the thing, on street tires, with a passenger.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
A few things to note, and for the record, PRI is my company and I built the car in question in its current form.

1) The car is indeed the original Hypersport prototype turbo car. We purchased it in race car form and converted it back to street duty. At current it's a GT28RS (what Hypersport used) with quite a lot of drivability and reliability tweaks added. It's quite a lot lighter than a stock car as well.

2) Yes, you can rent a beat to hell Elise for a fraction of what we charge. If you want "an Elise" with trim falling off and a destroyed gearbox for the lowest cost possible, that's probably your best bet. Ours is meticulously maintained, fast as hell, and highly customized. Nobody else rents anything like it in the US.

That's to say nothing of the perks we throw in with all of our vehicles.

If anyone in the area has concerns about what the car is and isn't, they may want to seek out Steve Stander of TRG (previously of NJMP)-- he utterly embarassed a PCA instructor in a GT3 at NJMP in the thing, on street tires, with a passenger.
Is the crack model a perk?

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
No, she's part of a marketing campaign designed to keep the emotionally undeveloped with something to prove from breaking the cars. Evidently it's highly effective.
I don't understand how that works. Please explain.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
It's quite a lot lighter than a stock car as well.
Curious what you stripped out?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts