The Lotus Cars Community banner

101 - 120 of 211 Posts

·
Project Addicted
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Order Placed this morning. Lets see how long it takes. They have been getting busier as the quoted days has gone from 27 to 36 over the past 2 weeks.

Hi Jon S,

We have started processing your order.
Your order has been successfully received.

Please keep this record for your future reference.
These are the settings you requested:

Job #: 205433
Type: Standard order
File: Plenum_spacer6.ems
Cost: $3277.32, including shipping
Sales tax: $0.00
Delivery estimate: 36 business days
Quantity: 25
Material: Aluminum 6061 T6, 25.4 mm thick
Machines: 5023

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Curious if any updates on delivery date now that order has been placed...

No patience is not a virtue I am endowed with...

·
Project Addicted
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
It's been a few weeks since I placed the order and I have requested an update this morning. As soon as I have some info of any kind, I will let you know.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
They tell me the order was shipped today!!!! About 3 weeks early from the estimate. I should have them next week and anticipate posting pics ASAP.
:grin2: :grin2: :grin2: :grin2: :grin2: :grin2:

:coolnana: :coolnana::coolnana: :coolnana: :coolnana::coolnana: :coolnana: :coolnana: :coolnana: :coolnana: :coolnana: :coolnana:

·
Project Addicted
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Ok Girls and Boys, the time for the big reveal is here!!!! Kenny, sit down and take a deep breath :)

The quality is better than expected for the price. Every surface has been finish machined to a high quality finish. They did not use a water jet to get this finish. They may have used a water jet to blow out the basic shapes but the finish is very high. The outer surface is nearly a mirror finish and the gasket fits perfectly.

I would like to take credit for this, but Derrick did a wonderful job of drawing the shape in CAD and fine tuning it for us, until is was perfect.

I expect to begin shipping tomorrow and it wall take a few days to wrap, package and get the the post office.

I hope you all will be satisfied with the Project and the outcome.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Ok Girls and Boys, the time for the big reveal is here!!!! Kenny, sit down and take a deep breath :)

OK, I have printed this and put it on my desk... <sigh>

but this is all I am seeing...

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Great news!
I am really looking forward into installing this and put the Esprit on a Dyno to see what it does. Hopefully something good ;)
Now is the procedure to try and get the correct pain. I wrote to the original supplier, just aross the street from the Lotus factory, a few weeks ago, but did not get an answer. I will try and call them instead.
To be on top of this project, just installed a fresh Bosch fuelpump, and it's working well, so no supply issues.

Thanks to everyone involved in this project. Please also extend my thanks to the company who undertook making these with such a nice finish.

Kind regards,
Redfox.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Packages are hitting the mail so keep your eyes peeled!!
Nice! Maybe post me doing happy dance with it installed pre-July 4th weekend while holding some sparklers (away from the car of course)

:clap:

101 - 120 of 211 Posts