The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the car to the dealer to have the CDL checked (yes needs replacement) and brake fluid changed today. On the return trip I stopped to drop a few things off with my accountant.
While leaving the parking lot there were a pair of wild turkeys. One came up to the driver's side and started to peck the front fender, it was large enough to look in the window. I had to push it aside with the car while slowly driving away.

Don't kown it is a fan of Ardent Red or not?

Good news no turkeys or paint were injured during this even.

Spring may have finally arrived in New England !

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
it's

Attachments

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
**** Turkeys. I hate those things. I had one chase me at a cemetery once, hated them ever since.

·
Premium Member
11,715 Posts
I like birds and think turkeys are fine looking.

I was, however, chased by the Royal Geese of England (long story involving sleeping in an all girls' school and being caught; not by geese).

I had to run, thought if I hurt one by accident would end up in Tower of London.

Also have a photo of a huge seagull sitting on the alum hood of my tt supra; it was a warm spot for him.

Had pet crow, fallen from nest, that I had to teach to fly...sheesh.

I've been told I like birds because we have the same brains...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Once when I was pulling into a gated parking lot the a attendant told me to make sure I am careful where I park because there are wild turkeys around. I asked her why and she says if they see their reflection in a shiney car they will think it is another turkey and peck at it. :crazyeyes

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I saw three turkies last April on US-191 (a.k.a. US-666 -- the Devil's highway). I had to stop for one -- standing right in the middle of the road. I honked at it a few times, then, after a few moments, it casually walked away

·
Premium Member
11,715 Posts
Didn't B Franklin want the turkey as our natl bird instead of the comb-over eagle? Or was that only in Stan Freeberg's (sp?) mind?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Once when I was pulling into a gated parking lot the a attendant told me to make sure I am careful where I park because there are wild turkeys around. I asked her why and she says if they see their reflection in a shiney car they will think it is another turkey and peck at it. :crazyeyes
Yes, this is true. Males also react to blue and red during mating season and consider these offending colors a foe. In my family's neighborhood the mail carriers are being attacked so they were given squirt guns to use. It worked at first but then the turkeys figured out it was just water and went back to chasing them so the carriers are debating what to do next. They have a 5' wing span so they are pretty big and you can't easily shoo them away.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I whacked at turkey at T10 at Summit Point several years ago... stupid bird.
Saw one crossing Road America through Kettle Bottoms, thought the guy ahead of me was going to do a Christiano D'Matta and whack it. Fortunately no one got hit. Imagine that would sting at 130 mph.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Turkeys are crazy beasts!!! I had a friend who would go to visit her friend who lived on a farm and a certain male turkey would always cirlce her as soon as she got out of her car. He was performing some kind of mating ritual trying to attract her. He "courted" her every time he saw her for weeks. She had kind of skinny legs but in no other way could have been mistaken for a female turkey!!! :)

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
That is a little weird. They are usually only agressive when they have hatchlings around and it is still too early in the year for that.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Didn't B Franklin want the turkey as our natl bird instead of the comb-over eagle? Or was that only in Stan Freeberg's (sp?) mind?
no i believe that was true. i think it had to do with appreciation of a food source for the early settlers.

did u know that BF also trained squirrils and kept them as pets?
:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts