The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone consider choosing ground turkey meat over beef? At first I was skeptical that a turkey burger, of any sort, could taste better than the basic fatty filling beef buger but I was wrong! I've recently had turkey burgers made over an open flame with...

- 2 containers (not sure what weight!) ground turkey meat
- 2 containers of hot salsa
- 1 half a red onion
- 1 half cup of mushrooms
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 half a clove of garlic

and wolah!
a turkey burger that tastes better than any beef burger you've ever had. Try it! :S!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I love Turkey Bacon. :drool:

ha, you should try turkey bacon on your turkey burger.

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
John -

Thanks. I will try this soon.

-g

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
How about buffalo? The meat not the city! ;)

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
How about buffalo? The meat not the city! ;)
We love buffalo (bison, in case any ranchers are reading this) out here. Very sweet and grainy, but you have to keep a close eye on it when grilling, because it's so lean. Never cook it beyond medium-rare plus.

I'll have to give the turkey burger recipe a try!

Tom

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Turkey and bison are both great. Just don't try to do anything to make them 'beefy' tasting; they're best standing on their own merits. I mix a little quinoa and red wine into ground bison to help it stay moist. Another interesting meat for the grill is ostrich. It's downside is that it stinks pretty bad while being cooked. The smell stops as soon as it comes off the grill, but I wouldn't cook it indoors.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Turkey burgers are great, though my favorite burger to date was lamb. Only had it once so far, but I still remember it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Turkey burgers are okay, but I'm more of an angus girl myself. I tried to do the whole lean meal thing with turkey burgers, turkey bacon...all that stuff but I can't neglect the steak and beef burgers for long!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Bison tenderloin and ground bison burgers are awesome on the bbq. If you like beef, give bison a try, it's seriously good stuff.

Turkey burgers sound yummy, I'll have to give them a try.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
We love buffalo (bison, in case any ranchers are reading this) out here. Very sweet and grainy, but you have to keep a close eye on it when grilling, because it's so lean. Never cook it beyond medium-rare plus.
Tom
When I lived in Estes Park (CO) I ate lots of bison (OK I won't call it buffalo again:)).

Turkey and bison are both great. Just don't try to do anything to make them 'beefy' tasting; they're best standing on their own merits. I mix a little quinoa and red wine into ground bison to help it stay moist. Another interesting meat for the grill is ostrich. It's downside is that it stinks pretty bad while being cooked. The smell stops as soon as it comes off the grill, but I wouldn't cook it indoors.
Ostrich prepared well is awesome. The meat can be a little pricey.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bison tenderloin and ground bison burgers are awesome on the bbq. If you like beef, give bison a try, it's seriously good stuff.

Turkey burgers sound yummy, I'll have to give them a try.
Isn't Bison hard to cook? I was reading something the other day and it said you had to cook it just perfectly or else it lost the taste...

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Tofu-TVP / mushroom burgers for me ! ( with my homemade habenaro sauce )

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Lean Hamburger > Turkey Burger

I eat burgers so little that when I have one I prefer beef.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Haha, thats why you look in the yellow pages under "professional bison cookers"!!! The yellow pages have EVERYTHING!! ;)
You’re right, I looked in the yellow pages and found you under "desirable"!:D

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Ahh....and why didn't you call? :nanner:

Ohh wait! You were looking in the 1-900 numbers weren't you?:eek:
I did better than that. I emailed you my mug shot. The number under my picture is blanked out . . . it's unlisted!!:p
BTW my 'cell number' has nothing to do with a telephone!rotfl

1 - 20 of 31 Posts