Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I read this thread regarding the topic
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f322/turn-signal-not-working-62183/

Problems with blinkers could be:
1. check fuse
2. flasher relay underneath dash could have loose wire or need replacement
3. hazard button wires in middle console are loose
4. hazard button is sticking in between up or down

My blinkers were working then stopped, hazards worked right after but then failed too. Fuses F6 and F9 I believe (I know it was turn signal and hazard fuses) were blown. A new fuse would fail right away, so I'm thinking there's a ground short somewhere? Reasons 2-4 for failure wouldn't cause the fuse to blow , correct?

Also if left like this, the short may have shorted out the alarm module and immmobilizer. I bypassed both and put in fresh fuses and signal worked 2x then fuses popped again, so I don't think the alarm module or immobilizer is the cause.

I don't know where to start looking for a shorting, chafed wire. Any suggestions?

no prior history of this happening. No recent modifications.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Hey all, I read this thread regarding the topic
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f322/turn-signal-not-working-62183/

Problems with blinkers could be:
1. check fuse
2. flasher relay underneath dash could have loose wire or need replacement
3. hazard button wires in middle console are loose
4. hazard button is sticking in between up or down

My blinkers were working then stopped, hazards worked right after but then failed too. Fuses F6 and F9 I believe (I know it was turn signal and hazard fuses) were blown. A new fuse would fail right away, so I'm thinking there's a ground short somewhere? Reasons 2-4 for failure wouldn't cause the fuse to blow , correct?

Also if left like this, the short may have shorted out the alarm module and immmobilizer. I bypassed both and put in fresh fuses and signal worked 2x then fuses popped again, so I don't think the alarm module or immobilizer is the cause.

I don't know where to start looking for a shorting, chafed wire. Any suggestions?

no prior history of this happening. No recent modifications.
Check any obvious shorting locations, such as the wiring connections at the hazard switch. If all appears ok then I would suggest individually bypassing the flasher and the hazard switch to see if the problem goes away. That will tell you the component that is the issue.
Michael

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took it to the dealer where they measured the amp at the front fuses. Couldn't really find anything or duplicate the problem. then they replaced the blue blinker relay under the dash for extra measure. After replacing, i took the car back and has been fine ever since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts