The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After washing the car, I found my turn signals didn't work anymore (blown fuse). Obviously water got in somewhere that it shouldn't have. Anyone else experience this or know where the "weak" point is?

·
Registered
416 Posts
After washing sometimes mine go out. I remove the bulb and wipe the connection area where it plugs in and the bulb itself. I find mine corrodes but once I clean it out it works again...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
Vaseline

or similar

or find leak and seal with silicone.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Possible.

Two things - and very simple:

1. Google the layout of the fuse box. Check/replace the fuse. Easy.

2. Bulb could have popped out or connection loose. Super easy to check in the boot.

If it's one of those two things, it's a 3 minute job to check and/or fix.

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
OK, but it's water triggered...which could be bad news in the rain.

Got to be ez to fix.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
After washing the car, I found my turn signals didn't work anymore (blown fuse). Obviously water got in somewhere that it shouldn't have. Anyone else experience this or know where the "weak" point is?
A year and model would be nice to go on... the batteries in my Crystal Ball died last night.

Please... this is an on going problem...

If you have a question please let the rest of us know the year and model of the car as that is a great help to diagnose your problem. :facepalm

Robert

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
After washing sometimes mine go out. I remove the bulb and wipe the connection area where it plugs in and the bulb itself. I find mine corrodes but once I clean it out it works again...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Please tell OP which bulb this is.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A year and model would be nice to go on... the batteries in my Crystal Ball died last night.

Please... this is an on going problem...

If you have a question please let the rest of us know the year and model of the car as that is a great help to diagnose your problem. :facepalm

Robert
It's been right in my sig, one line down...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts