The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,002 Posts
If no signals are working, check the hazard light button. Turn hazards on and ensure that you turn them off.

Lettuce know.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Is the blinker fluid low?

Toucan play that game.

Serious Answer: quote from another member

I popped the center console up and fiddled with the wires going to the hazard switch. After pushing them up firmly, everything started working. This is actually the second time I've had problems with the hazard switch. First time was it didn't work. Well, unless I practically hit it with a hammer to engage. They replaced the switch and it had been fine ... until last night where the turn signals just stopped working. Anyway, pushing the wires firmly seemed to fix it. I'm still going to have the dealer double-check that switch. It's still under warranty after all, might as well. At least now I can feel somewhat safe turning and changing lanes again. Thanks for all the input!

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
there is also a module located under the binnacle - the switchpack module aka SPM- not to hard to get to. All the relays for all the lights are contained in the SPM iirc. When my drivers side low beam would not work after changing bulbs - it was recommended by Sir Lotus to check that next. So I suspect the SPM is in the chain of custody...so to speak. One side of one relay might be flaking out. Another potential failure point. Used, new , not too expensive to replace if it turns out to be the culprit.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so my drivers side doesn't work when I push the hazard button. This is the same side as my battery. This happened as I drove 400 miles to my grandparents house. When I press my lock button on my key fob, the all the lights flash :(. So, I took the battery out and checked the connections. Looks like it's all plugged in and look normal. The only thing out of the ordinary I saw was this plug.... See photo. Wire looks pretty chewed up. What is this wire for? I remember someone having a forum post saying this was a wire for a option that these cars might or might not have...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i would ask Sir Lotus. He's the man imo. Cut right through this stuff immediately.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ok so my drivers side doesn't work when I push the hazard button. ...... When I press my lock button on my key fob, the all the lights flash
That's kinda strange.
Zwhitaker said:
The only thing out of the ordinary I saw was this plug.... See photo. Wire looks pretty chewed up. What is this wire for? I remember someone having a forum post saying this was a wire for a option that these cars might or might not have...
From memory, it's a rear fog light. There are 2 or 3 posts about it, if you search.

Cheers.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mine wouldn't work at all the other day. Hours later of frustration from tearing out the center console to check the hazard connection, and it wasn't it. Turns out it was the relay that was busted. It's underneath the passenger side, near the ODB reader. I picked up a new Flasher Relay from Autozone, and it worked. It was a generic Novita/Napa EP-35 part that cost $14 after tax. Might want to try that as well, if all else fails. BTW, make sure you check your flasher/wiring to make sure you have a 3 or 4 prong one. The EP-35 is a 3 Prong Flasher Relay, which goes with my 2006 Lotus Elise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts