The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to permanently disable the auto-arm function of the immobilizer for the Cobra alarm on the V8?

In the manual, I found out how to temporarily disable it, but as soon as you use your key fob it reactivates the auto-arm feature according to the instructions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
667 Posts
I agree - I would love to know how to do this if anyone knows. The delay on it is just long enough so that I get into the car, futz around a bit and go to start the engine and... nothing.

Yes I know you just hit the button to enable the ignition again, but it's pretty annoying. Anyone?

:popcorn:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Do a seeach on immobilizer programing.. there is a lot of threads about this. Specifically from sir lotus

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I have done this before and its actually really easy send me a PM with your email address and I'll email you the instructions. I'll go through my pictures and see if I have any taken from the day i did that job.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You did it with the 6422 on the Esprit?

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do a seeach on immobilizer programing.. there is a lot of threads about this. Specifically from sir lotus

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Did a search. Nothing. Not in the Esprit forum. Don't need to know how to do it for an Elise, because that's different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts