The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the turning radius of the Elise? Surprisingly, I don't think it's as small as the turning radius of my MR2 Spyder. In fact, the first time I went to pull out of a space, I scared myself a bit, cause I came a lot closer to the next car than I expected. I've been pulling out of the same space for years in the Spyder, and I cleared that other car by a lot more!

·
Registered
687 Posts
pinmagic said:
Anyone know the turning radius of the Elise? Surprisingly, I don't think it's as small as the turning radius of my MR2 Spyder. In fact, the first time I went to pull out of a space, I scared myself a bit, cause I came a lot closer to the next car than I expected. I've been pulling out of the same space for years in the Spyder, and I cleared that other car by a lot more!
According to R&T, the turning circle for the Elise is 32.8 ft.

According to Toyota, the turning circle for the '04 MR2 Spyder is 34.8 ft.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Don't know the exact numbers, but the Elise turning circle is *huge* for such a small car.

Price to pay for the race-car like double wishbone front suspension.. Can't really turn the wheels in much further before you'd start hitting the suspension parts or the chassis..

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dan: Thanks! I'll have to do a comparo of my cars, cause I could swear the Spyder has a smaller turning radius.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts