The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just say a segment on the TV show "How Do They Do It" where they wrap an Exige in vinyl, to make it look like the Union Jack. Interesting to see. It's in the episode with the description of, "Discover the secrets to manufacturing mirrors and making a 2D design that wraps perfectly around a 3D car."

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
good lookin' out. :up:

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Very cool. I'd like to know what that would cost.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Did you notice that they are using a wireframe model of the S1 Exige to make the wrap fit the S2 Exige?! :shrug:

·
Registered
693 Posts
The design is not symetrical as it was on the computer. That would bother me.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Remember they didn't start with a symmetrical flag to begin with. The image they printed was of a flag being blown by the wind.

xtn

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Free here. I had a guy who wraps vehicles stop me at a gas station and practically beg me to let him wrap my car. He was driving a shark 'Vette that was wrapped with an American flag.

I didn't even get his contact info though as I wasn't interested.

Did you notice that they are using a wireframe model of the S1 Exige to make the wrap fit the S2 Exige?! :shrug:
Yeah - that was a bit weird. Not like Lotus couldn't give them S2 info to work with.
:shrug:

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Around $3-4K.

You will notice it's a lot of hours of labor. Look how many guys are working on it, for how long. These are guys that do it all the time too. The print will cost anywhere from $4-$7 per sq ft, depending on who does it, what machine it's done on, if it's laminated, etc. The money is in the labor of the install.

·
Registered
821 Posts
That's cool. quite impressive IMHO.

Chapster thanks for finding it for the rest of us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts