The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we've all seen this article about the 400 HP S variant. Say in 2011, 2012 -- it does sounds like Lotus are gonna do this one right rather than just slap on an SC and hope. Change the front end styling a little (rest of the car is very nicely understated) and I think Lotus would have a real winner here - (if they keep the price sane).

6.4 lbs/HP - Lambo 560-4
7.8 lbs/HP - S260
6.75 lbs/HP - Evora S (and I wouldn't be affraid to work on the Toyota)

Hoping this becomes a reality, but Lambo have already up'd the game with the 570.

So what does TVS have to do with this - a big hint

big hint #2

Rob.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
They'll most likely do whatever toyota does. It'd be sensible to start off with the TVS since thats the current gen.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,681 Posts
another big hint

An Evora slide from Lotus' presentation at LOG 28.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that Phil's head? :)

Charlie, agree, don't think Lotus will be that much involved, just do what TRD/Toyota say and make sure it fits with adequate cooling.

Definitely brings the Evora more inline with a supercar but the "S" tag probably adds 20K to the price.

Rob

·
Vendor
3,331 Posts
Another small sign was when I spoke to a certain S/C company on the phone and they said they've been working non-stop on stuff for Lotus.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope they keep it under $100K.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
if someone wants to make some money they should be working on a TVS kit for the poor saps buying the NA evora :D *wink* *wink*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts