The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some time this weekend to work more on the Europa. Switched the horrid locking gas caps to monza-style caps, pulled the carbs to clean them and ended up polishing them, cut down an air cleaner and made a mounting plate and did some rewiring. Now I'm experimenting with return spring tensions to get the throttle just right.

Anyone have something custom that works better than stock?

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Very pretty!!!

Sorry, I don't have an improvement over the stock throttle linkage, but maybe what I've done will give you some ideas.

I have a Cablecraft (Push-Pull Controls, Low Friction Controls, Control Cable Assemblies from Cablecraft Motion Controls) cable that goes from the pedal to a bell crank arrangement similar to what rd sells (look under r.d Products -> Carburetor -> Linkage). This setup is for Webers but you may be able to adapt it for Strombergs. Here's a picture of my setup

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
SInce the stock arrangement with Strombergs is a direct pull on the operating lever, it's hard to see how you can improve much.
I don't have the airbox on mine, so have a ring-bolt low down in direct line with the throttle cable and tried various springs until I got it right.
You can see the spring in the picture. Note that I have the UK-spec inlet manifold which doesn't have a stop for the cable outer.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts