The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car did not get them since the beginning.
In hot summer track days the temp on the display rise about 108°, on the cars with them it's about 98.
So i'm thinking that it's better get them.

Anyone knows if it's possible to fit them easly?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Upgrade radiator and fan

My car did not get them since the beginning.
In hot summer track days the temp on the display rise about 108°, on the cars with them it's about 98.
So i'm thinking that it's better get them.

Anyone knows if it's possible to fit them easly?

I suffered same condition.
I upgraded radiator and fan from eliseparts.com
They sell large aluminum radiator and better fans.

Dealer in Korea said that adding one more oil cooler is easy. Just bought OEM oilcooler and easliy installed.

After updrade radiator and fan my elise be better than before.
If I need more cooling, I will add second oil cooler.
Oil cooler is not high price but installing is higher.

·
Registered
893 Posts
My car was built with one oil cooler on the front left corner, and I have installed the front corner: easy, remove front clam, install an OEM cooler, and the OEM air duct.

But if you car don't have any oil cooler, it is probably not that easy. I think that I ear that some version don't have oil cooler at all, except the heat exchanger block at the oil filter.

My original coolant radiator is enought for my application, with a Katana kit. Increasing the fan capacity is never required, since at high speed, the fan is not working anyway, only in traffic.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
But if you car don't have any oil cooler, it is probably not that easy. I think that I ear that some version don't have oil cooler at all, except the heat exchanger block at the oil filter.
All US spec cars are plumbed for two oil coolers in front. The single cooler cars have a piece of "pipe" between the input and output lines from the "second" cooler. Remove the clam, remove the pipe, add the second cooler, add the ducting, bleed the oil system, and replace the clam.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Tim,

The fact is I just don't know where Iceman living, and maybe the Roman's Castel is a funny location, or somewhere in the world.

And I forgot to say that the plumbing was there.

Regards

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
The fact is I just don't know where Iceman living, and maybe the Roman's Castel is a funny location, or somewhere in the world.
Good point. I didn't even notice the location. :eek:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know Roma? The greatest and glorious Roma (Rome in albionic language).

I lived near Rome in the hills around.
My car is a 2004 year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you know Roma? The greatest and glorious Roma (Rome in albionic language).

I lived near Rome in the hills around.
My car is a 2004 year.
Iceman, do you ever find a solution to the oil cooler enquiry? Abito in Lugano adesso, ma andiamo a australia in juno questanno, quindi devo fare qualcosa per il caldo. My car is UK model (abitavo li in 2004) so built for cold weather.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still no.
My car is waiting for VFII kit shipping and lives in the mechanic box since 1 month...
Once fitted the VF i'm considering to fit to the other side of intercooler an oil cooler that works with Laminova.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts