The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think that's what my mechanic did 4/5 years ago with Weber 32/36's (I am the least mechanical Lotus owner in the world so I'm not sure- pictures on Jerry's site - 74044676R). If that's it it works great. It took a bit of experimenting with jetting but he's familiar with that. He just rebuilt the twincam a few months ago so that helped. He is/was an outlaw racer with his car in the shop that has a wing bigger than the Lotus.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi Joe,

The weber you mention is different from the Mikuni, but your wrench probably did it for the same reason (or did I misunderstand what you meant?). I went to Jerry's site and none of the pictures there have the new weber carb. Can you post one so we can see?

Going to the LOG this September? (or did I already ask you that?)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info, I'm familiar with all the Weber/Dellorto carb swaps. What intrigued me about the Mikuni swap is the adapter plates vs. new head. Called Performance Parts and they said they thought one Europa owner had already bought their dual carb set up; wondering if that owner is on this forum. Cost is under $900 for everything, including adapters, carbs, jet kit, linkage and air filters. HP gain 15+.

·
Registered
330 Posts
These carbs are very good. A garage that has done some work on my lotus had a elan +2 with them on. The owner said they are great, reliable and easy to adjust and tune. I highly recommend them. If my carbs go bust if replace them with these.

·
Registered
15 Posts
On the change to Weber 32/36's it was done with no change to the head but he did use an adapter as the interface but I'm not mechanically knowledgeable enough to say what/how it was done.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TheKid — the mikuni I put on my harley has worked flawlessly for the past year. Even after being stored all winter, it fired right up. Throttle response is instant as well. I'm going to do the same thing — as soon as my recently rebuilt stock carbs get out of whack I'll try the mikuni set up and report back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts