The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ed Y was driving a huge mid-west loop with his 88 Esprit through the US (tally: 5993 miles in about 2 weeks - odometer now over 143K miles). He stopped by San Francisco to visit folks and I motored up from San Jose with my video cameras and documented his visit. Great to meet him in person for the first time (original met in email back in 2011 when I got my Esprit):

There are two versions - long and short:

Short (~90 sec):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdgrAG_sAGw

Long (~5 min) :

LONG VERSION - 2 Lotus Esprits in San Francisco 05/04/14 - YouTube

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,312 Posts
Hey Eddie!

The short video is very nice. (Will look at the "uncut" version tonight.)

Too bad you had all that traffic on Lombard St.:rolleyes: That's a nice Drifting road....:D rotfl

BTW I'm glad you got your Esprit back on the road after your Pre-Emptive Strike. I didn't recall any mention of it.

Maybe update that Topic with results...how's it shifting, etc.

PS I liked the Red Esprit best. :nanner: Bet you can't guess why (and no, it has NOTHING to do with who owns it, don't get all righteous on us, now)...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Thank you so very, very much for making those videos, Eddie!!!
It was truly a fantastic and most memorable day for all of us...good friends and Esprits...Lotus memories to last a lifetime!

Roy
Commemorative Esprit Turbo, #87 of 88 made
Bay Area Esprit Group
San Francisco, California

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Ha Pretty cool!

·
Super Moderator
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Banned
938 Posts
I enjoyed that.
Why have the headlights on -on the ****** all the time?
No need to break up the front rake.

·
Super Moderator
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I enjoyed that.
Why have the headlights on -on the ****** all the time?
No need to break up the front rake.
He traveled 5,993 miles round trip - the headlight lift strut mount ripped out of the fiberglass when he went through Texas. He had to duct tape it with wood splints since it's a difficult fix on-the-road.

He's back home and will be fixing it.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,312 Posts
the headlight lift strut mount ripped out of the fiberglass when he went through Texas. He had to duct tape it with wood splints since it's a difficult fix on-the-road.
Duct Tape fixes everything!!!!!! :bow::bow: rotfl

Anybody else remember the Metz Curse? I bet he went too close to Colorado! rotfl rotfl rotfl

Although, he DID visit another TX Esprit owner --- that MIGHT have been a factor. :no:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
LOL!!!! We were just talking about that the other day (the Metz curse)!

Thankfully, Eddie B. did not have any problems with his Esprit after visiting me this time, like he did the time before. I think that time, he had done almost two years of daily driving his Esprit with not one real breakdown or tow truck until the night he came to see me. :( Happy to say that this time, his Esprit with new upgrades and pre-emptive work performed flawlessly. :)

That expression brings back a lot of fond memories of the early days of the Turbo Esprit List...I have met up with Bob Metz on numerous occasions over the years and am happy to say that the curse has never affected me. Then again, wait a minute, mine isn't running now...LOL

Roy

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,312 Posts
I think for the full strength Metz curse he has to ride in or at least touch the car.

Could be. :D

When Bob had his SE Esprit (has since moved on to an Elsie) we went on one of the Mountain Drives together. (That was the first Birmingham LOG).

My Momma didn't raise no fool, so I let HIM drive his own car... rotfl :evil:

But let's not talk about good ol' Bob behind his back...he is on LT as Lotusport I think. And he will be Instructing at the Lotus Ltd HPDE track day on July 2nd. I'll be at the HDPE too, so for a nominal fee, I'll tell you which Instructor to avoid! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts