The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Audi Club is hosting two events in the next couple months, both offer steep discounts from the norm.

First is the Blackhawk Farms weekend on June 21-22nd. $380 is in line with some other events but in an effort to encourage driving enthusiasts who have not yet experienced an ACNA Chicago Chapter drivers school to come out and join the fun, there is a $100.00 discount for the weekend. This brings the price for two days of track fun down to just $280! Participation in this event is very light which means tons of track time for those driving in the event. There are no late fees and the referenced required Audi Club membership is being included at no cost as well.
Additional info regarding the event is available at: ACCCC | Audi Car Club Chicagoland Chapter

Second is an advanced drivers day at Autobahn Country Club’s full track on July 14th. This year with the generous support of Audi Exchange pricing is possibly the best I’ve seen ever for the 3.56 mile full track configuration at just $230. Additionally instructors and advanced drivers who participate in the previously mentioned Blackhawk Farms drivers school are entitled to a further discounted price on the ADD of just $190 for the day!
Additional info regarding the event is available at: ACCCC | Audi Car Club Chicagoland Chapter

I’m doing both, hope you can too.
Ken Koppitz

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I am in for July 14th. I will be doing a different groups track event there on the 12th and 13th. I will pass my experience on how that goes.

This Audi club puts on a heck of a event. I would encourage as many people to come as possible. Everyone from the I have never driven outside of downtown to pro drivers will have a great time and learn a lot with great people at this event

·
He's on fire!
3,431 Posts
i may join you on Sunday. Will decide closer to the day. It could be a rich man's short version of 3 tracks 3 days

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Saturday will be interesting. It starts at noon until dinner, then we go back out on the track in the evening until 8:30pm I believe.

This will be my first evening on a track, curious how much traction there will be once it starts to cool off.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Less than 2 weeks to Blackhawk: 3 Exige, 1 Elise registered
About a month to Autobahn: 2 Exige, 2 Elise registered

The pictures would be better with yours there as well!!!

·
He's on fire!
3,431 Posts
Less than 2 weeks to Blackhawk: 3 Exige, 1 Elise registered
About a month to Autobahn: 2 Exige, 2 Elise registered

The pictures would be better with yours there as well!!!
3 exige? is someone from wisconsin visiting?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not from Wisconsin although we would love to see our friends from north of the cheddar curtain join the festivities! Third Exige is someone recently back into the Lotus community after having sold his black 2006 Exige years ago. As solid a driver as he is a nice guy. We're gonna have fun!

·
He's on fire!
3,431 Posts
Not from Wisconsin although we would love to see our friends from north of the cheddar curtain join the festivities! Third Exige is someone recently back into the Lotus community after having sold his black 2006 Exige years ago. As solid a driver as he is a nice guy. We're gonna have fun!

was he at the lotus corps day?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeppers. White Exige. Follows my approach of Speak softly and carry a low lap time. :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
All signed up for the 3 days, but with no Lotus. We will see how the new(old) ride does.

·
Registered
148 Posts
With a little arm twisting from Ken, I've signed up for July 14th.

Do people usually meet up the night before or after the event? If so, where? I need to book a hotel and want to be in stumbling distance.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We generally get 15-25 people after the event at Heros West in Joliet Mobile Site Preview
While there is a Ramada right across the parking lot that we used to use the feedback was so bad that I've started recommending the Hampton Inn across the street. You can prioritize the attraction of stumbling across the street for cleanliness vs just stumbling across the parking lot for proximity.
Glad to hear you'll be joining the fun! So far 5 Lotus and 2 prior Lotus owners who have gone onto the dark side. (Maybe they wanted more leather and cruise control ;-)

·
Registered
324 Posts
and 2 prior Lotus owners who have gone onto the dark side. (Maybe they wanted more leather and cruise control ;-)
Hey!! I resemble that remark!

Had a great time out there Ken. Look forward to the 14th. Hopefully my new brakes show up today.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts