The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to sell two of my cars in their current state.

1) Blue ’99 car. 30.5K miles. This car is described in detail on my web site (Guy's Lotus Page). It is currently on the road with no mechanical drive train ailments. There is a check engine light on and the code says it needs two new cats because… it needs two new cats. This car has no muffler – just cats. This car had some water in the cockpit as a result of the fire and had mold and smells of it. Bottom carpets are out but it needs all the carpeting replaced to kill the smell. It needs the paint fixed above the burn but this is a minor repair in my view (I would put in one layer of glass below and grind/fill/paint above). AC does not operate. It may be a wiring issue. Car has an Oregon title with a Reconstructed brand. This is a great running car for someone that wants a project with lower risk. $26K

2) Red ’98 Car. ~41K miles. This car is unrepaired. It endured an under-dash electrical fire and smells like it. All three main harnesses need to be replaced. I have procured all three and they are included in the deal. Other fire related damage is yet to be discovered and fixed but it is concentrated to under dash. This car steers rolls and brakes etc. The wiring on the engine was not impacted. Because of the nature of the damage, I believe that this car is mechanically intact and operable when the wiring is fixed. This car has dual blow off valves and an ECU upgrade from Johan. This car has a Salvage title. This is a good intact car project for those who do not like bodywork. $21K

Serious potential buyers… please *CALL* me to discuss.
Regards,
Guy
H: 503 430 1569
C: 503 706 9827

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
For the benefit of the Lotus community, would you please tell us more about what you suspect caused the fire under the dash?

Geez, I thought I had enough to worry about with engine related fires on these cars, and now I need to worry about my dash spontaneously combusting? Please tell me the previous owner had some crazy wiring changes and he bypassed all the fuses!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, I have not root-caused the source of the problem on that car yet. I suspect it is a short in the fuse box area. If I do not sell it, I will post the repair on my web site.
Regards,
Guy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Parts For Projects

I most likely have any of parts you might need to complete the project. I have in stock thousands of V8 Esprit parts.

Cheers,
Team Esprit - Alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts