The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw the 'Purist Edition' Elise at Silver Star Mercedes/Jaguar/Lotus in Thousand Oaks.

I think this car is a TREMENDOUS value and equipped exactly as I would want if I were ordering new. While there is no touring pack or sport pack available, the seats are leather probax and there are power windows. They have graciously resisted the urge to include carpet. The Alpine unit has a USB port as well as an AUX in. The only ugly is the grey door panels (inserts are black), but new panels are only $112 each.

At $43K, I think it's a helluva value.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
I don't know what's funny about that either.

I used to live in that complex, too. Pretty crazy...

·
Registered
682 Posts
isn't thousand oaks where a double murder and suicide happend sometime 2 days ago? haha
I don't think the two are related... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Outside of the occasional psychotic criminal anomoly, Thousand Oaks is a pretty damned nice place to live or be or just pass through.

Sleepe, considering the base model Elise starts at $48K and this gives you a few extra goodies for $5k less, yeah, its good value. Let's face it, in the performance/exclusivity/driving experience /dollar formula, what else is there? Anything that comes close is diametrically opposed philosophically. Then there's this very quantifiable factor: The Elise makes me NOT want a Ferrari - that makes the price <$160,000>

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
It's one of the safest cities in the country. (By crime statistics.)

The case you're talking about was a murder/suicide. Father killed his 2 kids, then killed himself. Horrible story.

(Sorry for the threadjack response.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts