The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered Insane
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, one of the builders of my car signed his name to the tank cover plate, a nice little touch.

Second, does anyone know if the clear tube coming into the engine bay through the seatbelt retractor is stock? It looks like tubing used for an aftermarket boost gauge or boost controller. I can't tell if it's supposed to be attached to something around the fuel tank or not. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
First, one of the builders of my car signed his name to the tank cover plate, a nice little touch.

Second, does anyone know if the clear tube coming into the engine bay through the seatbelt retractor is stock? It looks like tubing used for an aftermarket boost gauge or boost controller. I can't tell if it's supposed to be attached to something around the fuel tank or not. Thanks.
Aftermarket hose -- goes to boost gauge inside.
Why the other tube with rubber hose open?

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
looks P.O. added, but there is a small black vacuum hose, with a tee, that goes from that area, through the firewall and up to the dash of the car for the heater controls.

I guess they could have had a leak, and couldn't fix or replace the original small diameter hose, so they ran that hose instead... Just a guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts