The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things of note.

Today I got locked in the Saffron Elise. Ive posted before that I thought maybe the doorlock on this car is "off". I think it is for sure today. It would not let me out. I crawled across the seat and got out the passenger side. I tried it again and It opened from the outside.

Additionally, the weather here is cold 37 degrees. The elise stays in the garage but its still not liking the cold. I started it this morning it and was hestitant to start...kind of stumbled before it started.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah...so does the gear shift knob when you're trying to crawl across the seats! I WONT go there! :huh:

I need to get it up to the dealer..or down to the dealer as the case may be. I just hate to drive 5 hours to get a door adjusted. Maybe I'll call and ask if its simple and if we can mess with it ourselves.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
OneFastLotus said:
we can mess with it ourselves.

now you JUST said you wouldn't go there!

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
bboersma said:
this post just took a left turn...but I like it!
The part about having it off in 2 minutes and that it is very easy:) Pictures to follow:eek: ;)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Patricko said:
The part about having it off in 2 minutes and that it is very easy:) Pictures to follow:eek: ;)
I think that Stan said that it would take 2 minutes to get it off.......she said that it would take 5 hours to get there. :crazyeyes:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Interesting that it opens from the outside - maybe because you're lifting up a bit as you push the button. If you get stuck inside again, maybe try pushing the door up as you pull the door release?

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Not to point out the obvious, but I had my XM put in a while back, and when i got the car back could not use the FOB to unlock the door. It took me a while to figure out the door had been locked manually with the key. If the door is locked manually with a key, it cannot be unlocked with anything but the key and it does weird stuff in between. I hope its this simple.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nah, its the lock assembly. Its been a little wonky since we got the car but I thought maybe it was just a quirk on this car that the other car ( our first) didnt have. However it looks as though there is some problem with the lock assembly/adjustment and its only getting worse.

We'll have to take a look.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
So Matt-did you want pics of Jen crawling across the shifter and passenger seat, or pics of the lock mechanism???:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Surferjer said:
So Matt-did you want pics of Jen crawling across the shifter and passenger seat, or pics of the lock mechanism???:D
certainly not the latter! ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
errrrr......if it opens from outside, why not just roll down the window, put your hand out, and open the door from outside ??? At least the gear stick won't be in the way !!
Giles.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
waelsie said:
errrrr......if it opens from outside, why not just roll down the window, put your hand out, and open the door from outside ??? At least the gear stick won't be in the way !!
Giles.
Because at the time I didnt know it opened from the outside.

Additionally, to open it from the outside took some finesse, finesse that I dont find myself having in the sitting position from inside the car.

It wasnt that hard to get across the seat.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts