The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got both cars clean at the same time and snapped some photos.

Elise had a new clam fitted and full Ventureshield applied after shockingly minor damage. SCC also sprayed the hardtop to cover a few scratches and generally make things look perfect.

Ventureshield proved tougher than expected but SCC kept going until it was right.

BMW had a mashed spoiler and stone chipping from 60K miles and the odd windflow that you get with the rake of the E368. I have never seen another car with stone chips half way up the hood! Rims were also buffed up to shinier than new.

My wife was totally delighted to see her baby looking like it left the showroom.

Many thanks to Steve, Henry and the SCC crew.

Attachments

·
Registered
879 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics and the testimony.... I'll probably be using SCC to repair the chin rash on my front clam and re-do the film on my rockers.

What's the lowdown on the Ventureshield? I'm not familiar.

Cheers,

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Starshield on BRG looked bad from the start.

Neither looks like plain clear coat, but Ventureshield looks better IMHO. Others have different opinions. Bumper to Bumper in Westlake Village have replaced five Starshields with Ventureshield on new cars. They were the first to bring it to my attention.

SCC does not do the film themselves, their expertise is stunning paintwork, fiberglass wizardry and bodywork.

I need to figure the best film for the BMW and whether to go with half or full coverage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts