The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TW Autosport asked me to post pics of their new IC piping. No details yet but he's promised to update soon.

·
Registered
93 Posts
lot of effort...
I guess they didn't have access to mandrel bender.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I think they are pretty baddass! - Just because it is pretty (RLS) doesn't mean it works better!

·
Registered
85 Posts
i love the lobster welds.. any JDM fan knows that thats the way the japanese roll when they make up custom piping.

contemplate the man hours and precision to get those pipes perfectly alighned.

where do i buy?!

Q

·
0 Posts
I think the welding is amazing and the skill needed to get the shape right is extremely high, but I just think they wouldn't look right in the relatively clean two-tone engine bay...

Now for an exhaust... that's a different story.

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
Meaning? Will they be more prone to heatsoak from the engine than aluminum? Which are you saying would be the better option?
I think the lower the number the better it is to resist transferring heat. So Ti would be best to prevent heat soak.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wood or plastic would make the best heat soak fighters. higher the thermo conductivity, higher transfer of heat from the hotter place to the cooler place, so in this case lower is better. no updates on pricing yet but expect something extravogant relative to other substitutes (such as RLS alum pipes) as each piece has to be hand cut and welded...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Gotta love the Ti!

Im in :clap:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts