The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group buy is for local pick-up only. Due to shipping cost we need 6 buyers to sell our TWRD front race clam. A 50% deposit will be required to be put on the list and the balance do when the shipment arrives. Year of car will be required before order is placed to account for headlight changes.

About the TWRD race front clam.
This is the same design that is seen on the TWRD race car that placed 2nd in class at the Macau prix. Designed for better coverage of the front wheels and better airflow through the air duct on the top of the fender. The clam can use the OEM mounting points or optional Aerocatch quick release bonnet fasteners. *Those wanting the Aerocatch fastners must move the oil coolers. The clam is a perfect match for our TWRD street and race splitters (both optional and are not included with the front clam)

The front clam comes in two options:
Our carbon fiber clam comes in both matte or wet finish. Cost $5900. It is made with a three layer process. The top and bottom layers CF and the middle layer fiberglass creating a very strong yet light structure. Why paint when you can display a beautiful matte or wet CF finish. Both finishes have a UV protective coating. Weight is approx. 8.5 kg or 18.7 pounds. Due to the process clam weights may vary up to one kg, but no more than 1.5 kg.

Our fiberglass clam weighs approx. 13 kg or 28.6 lbs. Cost $3200

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do you have pictures of showing the CF weave? Is it symmetrical meeting in the middle?

Group buy is for local pick-up only. Due to shipping cost we need 6 buyers to sell our TWRD front race clam. A 50% deposit will be required to be put on the list and the balance do when the shipment arrives. Year of car will be required before order is placed to account for headlight changes.

About the TWRD race front clam.
This is the same design that is seen on the TWRD race car that placed 2nd in class at the Macau prix. Designed for better coverage of the front wheels and better airflow through the air duct on the top of the fender. The clam can use the OEM mounting points or optional Aerocatch quick release bonnet fasteners. *Those wanting the Aerocatch fastners must move the oil coolers. The clam is a perfect match for our TWRD street and race splitters (both optional and are not included with the front clam)

The front clam comes in two options:
Our carbon fiber clam comes in both matte or wet finish. Cost $5900. It is made with a three layer process. The top and bottom layers CF and the middle layer fiberglass creating a very strong yet light structure. Why paint when you can display a beautiful matte or wet CF finish. Both finishes have a UV protective coating. Weight is approx. 8.5 kg or 18.7 pounds. Due to the process clam weights may vary up to one kg, but no more than 1.5 kg.

Our fiberglass clam weighs approx. 13 kg or 28.6 lbs. Cost $3200

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have any pictures. Because all of the clams have been on race cars and all have been painted there are no pictures of the weave to my knowledge.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
oh Jacob....now you've done it!

Excellent!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Perfect time for an Elise to Exige conversion. :up:
You're killin' me! I'll need to wait until I damage my front clam and replace it with this.

In the pics above, are those the TWRD splitters that aren't included? How much for the splitters?

Also, if one opts out for the Aerocatch's, will the clam have the openings for oil cooler venting? I know, too many questions...sorry.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're killin' me! I'll need to wait until I damage my front clam and replace it with this.

In the pics above, are those the TWRD splitters that aren't included? How much for the splitters?

Also, if one opts out for the Aerocatch's, will the clam have the openings for oil cooler venting? I know, too many questions...sorry.
It's never to many questions.

The splitter on our race car is our well... race version. We're trying to figure out the splitter prices now. My guess is that it should be around $600 for the CF street version. And $700-$800 for the CF race version.

And yes if you use the OEM mounting points and not the AeroCatch fasteners the holes in the front will function as ducts for the oil coolers. We have tried it on a car in HK and no gain in temps.

·
Inactive
831 Posts
For comparison the stock Elise clam is 31.4 lbs including grill and indicators.
What type of resin do you use? What core material do you use? Is the clam wider?

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Do you have pictures of showing the CF weave? Is it symmetrical meeting in the middle?
As I mentioned before we don't have any pics of the CF race clam. Tony said that I can use these pics of of our one off Rover engine Elise for examples of the workmanship.

Dstevens, I've asked about the resin and will post as soon as I hear back.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
It's really a bummer that the seam wasn't eliminated in that CF clam for that Elise.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For comparison the stock Elise clam is 31.4 lbs including grill and indicators.
What type of resin do you use? What core material do you use? Is the clam wider?
Resin - UN-Saturated polyester

Core material - three layers top and bottom layers CF with fiberglass in the middle.

Clam is not wider than OEM. I thought that the Clam covered more of the front of the wheel, but it does not.

The Exige clam is much heavier than the Elise clam, so this is a substantial weight savings.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We do, but does not work with the stock clam and needs professional intalling because of slight modifications that have to happen to the crash structure.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts