The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just finished installing a set of twrd scoops for a customer of the nci no drill mounts for the elise.they are a little more than an inch wider.the fit is pretty good.i will post some pics of stock verse twrd and the machined stand offs for the brackets.im also working on the exige lower mount that takes the stock one out of the airstream.its the same as the elise just used for the front lower mount.this one will be setup for the wider scoop so it does not need the stand off. P5130001.JPG

P5130004.JPG

P5140007.JPG

P5140010.JPG

P5140025.JPG

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is it me or are the scoops crying out for mesh to hide the gubbins inside?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hot damn! A 3" duct hose can fit in there w/ no problem.:clap:

I can't wait until Jacob ships my set. I already have your NCI brackets.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Kevin is making a mesh kit, too.

Q

·
0 Posts
Well, I guess I'll me in the market for larger scoops.

Where are they available from? And what will I need to adapt to my Exige?

And what about the mesh?

Q

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Well, I guess I'll me in the market for larger scoops.

Where are they available from? And what will I need to adapt to my Exige?

And what about the mesh?

Q
+1

Also, what are the thread specs of the standoffs? I believe the OEM mounting hardware is 5mm diameter and 0.8mm thread pitch...

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
You can get the scoops from TWRD and the adapter kit from RLS / NCI.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
+1

Also, what are the thread specs of the standoffs? I believe the OEM mounting hardware is 5mm diameter and 0.8mm thread pitch...
yea its 5milx.80 pitch.as for the stand offs for the exige i will need someone to measure an exige with the wide scoops held up to the car with a caliper.was it you that got the first set of the wide scoops?im also doing the lower bracket for the exige.so you can take off the factory one to get it out of the airstream.i did a set for thomas for the stock exige scoops.im waiting to see how they work out then i can make the wide set.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

yea your right about that.i did check and there is one spot that is a bit tight.between the bracket and the body.but it will fit.the scoop opening in front is a tad over 3 5/8 inch.stock 2 5/8 inch

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But do you need the adapter kit for an Exige S?
i can do the exige kit two ways.the cheaper version would be 6 stand offs.then the better setup would be the 4 upper stand offs that thread into the upper mounts.then the lower bracket would be like the elise kit.only used for the lower mount.you take off the stock exige bracket.so then you have a clear opening for ducting air where you want it.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
yea its 5milx.80 pitch.as for the stand offs for the exige i will need someone to measure an exige with the wide scoops held up to the car with a caliper.was it you that got the first set of the wide scoops?im also doing the lower bracket for the exige.so you can take off the factory one to get it out of the airstream.i did a set for thomas for the stock exige scoops.im waiting to see how they work out then i can make the wide set.
Yes, I have the first set of TWRD scoops... I have a digital caliper; which dimensions would you like me to measure?

No problem with 3" hoses/ducts:

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
Link to TWRD site and/or contact info?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
apk919.that is a nice setup you have.is that ducted to the ic?the measurements that i need are with the scoop held to the car so the fit is good.take the tail of the caliper and insert it into the hole down to the cars mounting point.the scoop thickness is around .070 thick so when i take that off your measurement i have the stand off distance.so record the measurement to each hole.also if they would mount to those nut clips.then measure the thickness of that clip.so i can take that off too.thanks for your help on this.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
apk919.that is a nice setup you have.is that ducted to the ic?the measurements that i need are with the scoop held to the car so the fit is good.take the tail of the caliper and insert it into the hole down to the cars mounting point.the scoop thickness is around .070 thick so when i take that off your measurement i have the stand off distance.so record the measurement to each hole.also if they would mount to those nut clips.then measure the thickness of that clip.so i can take that off too.thanks for your help on this.
Thanks, and yes; the ducting goes to the I/C... more here: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f15...air-flow-study-59117/index20.html#post1305921

What if I measure the height of my standoff brackets? Is that effectively the measurement you're looking for? I'll measure the thickness of the clips as well.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea you could do that too.if the scoops fit well like you have it there.it looks like the tail that meets the body near the bottom.looks a bit out from where a stock set would set.i have been setting the scoops with that just touching the indent in the body.if you can take the time to give me some accurate measurements i will send you a set of stand offs for free.you pay shipping if that works for you?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
yea you could do that too.if the scoops fit well like you have it there.it looks like the tail that meets the body near the bottom.looks a bit out from where a stock set would set.i have been setting the scoops with that just touching the indent in the body.if you can take the time to give me some accurate measurements i will send you a set of stand offs for free.you pay shipping if that works for you?
Deal. :up: I'll take measurements later today... I'll even tweak the adjustment of the lower bracket for a closer fit... I had been holding off until the ducting tests were completed.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts