The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the same kit used by PKhot915
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f157/my-widebody-dream-slowly-coming-reality-55486/

Price $3,500 +tax

Looking for a local pick-up from Harbor City (near Torrance). We are waiving shipping cost from Hong Kong. No waiting this kit is ready for pick-up.

The kit comes with:
Exige widebody rear clam
Rear rocker extenders
Exige clam shell cover
Mesh
Locking system and seals
Aluminum hinges

Please call 310 266-0952

Cheers,
Jacob

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
If I still had my car, I would call dibs.

Nice price.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Looks great, Jacob! :clap: Any pics with a front 3/4 view?

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Geez Jacob....you're killing me!!!!....I want to put this on while my car is at SCC!!!!

Agree that's a nice price as the rear clams new alone are about that !

Will this fit Elise?

How would you say that this widebody compares to sleeperfocus': R

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/my-elise-gt3-60563/
yes. You'll need a wing. Eddie you have scoops already don't you? I don't know if those will fit. You may have to cut the do-hickies that mount the Exige scoops on to the rear clam. Not positive :shrug:. Hard top would be different, but Frank (Ronin) runs with an Exige rear clam and Elise top. We'll be getting tops in soon too. If it were me I'd order the OEM hinges from Lotus. To me those are a piece of art. The one piece that you will have to order is the cable release and optional strut that holds the lid up.

This wide body is different in three ways from SleeperFocus' First off his is a custom piece. The flares on his are rounder and the extensions are better intergrated to the car (SCC can do this). The rear section of his flares are squared, while ours is more OEM in shape. I think they are both equal in width, but I'm not sure. A big benefit on ours is that it's one piece so there's less of a chance of cracking since there is no seam. Second benefit is you can sell your OEM clam since it's not damaged. Or keep it so you can return it to stock.

Looks great, Jacob! :clap: Any pics with a front 3/4 view?
Thanks Alan, can't take much credit for it. All the development is done in Hong Kong by Tony Woo.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
that is awesome!!!

a few suggestions to whoever is planning on doing this mod
the rear rocker extender should be molded on to match the rear clams smooth overfender look

and is the front going to be available as well?
if so the front should be molded in smooth as well

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is awesome!!!

a few suggestions to whoever is planning on doing this mod
the rear rocker extender should be molded on to match the rear clams smooth overfender look

and is the front going to be available as well?
if so the front should be molded in smooth as well
The problem with molding the front splitter to the clam is if or should I say when you hit something with the front splitter. You can take it off and fix it or replace it easily. No doubt it looks awesome molded in and if you're a show car it's a must. But if you race ...forget about it. just my 3 am 2¢.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
by the looks of the front splitter, how its mounted and where its mount points are, if you do get into a shunt, the entire front clam and the splitter itself, would still get messed up...molded or not? :shrug:

if i do come up with more $$$ i wanna do this...both front and rear :up:

any idea how much wider the front/rear is compared to OEM?
max tire sizes we can run?
and max front and rear wheels fitments width+offset etc.?

thanx!

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
by the looks of the front splitter, how its mounted and where its mount points are, if you do get into a shunt, the entire front clam and the splitter itself, would still get messed up...molded or not? :shrug:

if i do come up with more $$$ i wanna do this...both front and rear :up:

any idea how much wider the front/rear is compared to OEM?
max tire sizes we can run?
and max front and rear wheels fitments width+offset etc.?

thanx!
Coi,
If you're thinking of doing this BUY IT NOW! Price will be much higher later and you'll have to wait months for a group buy. Just so I'm clear. I only have one of these at this price.

Max tire? Big, But you can put spacers in if you don't want to go wide. Spacers that we recommend are from the UK and bolt onto the hub and the tire bolts onto the spacer. $512

The front Splitter doesn't require a bigger tire, unless you want too.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One other thing I just noticed. I don't know if the Elise third center light will fit into the Exige clam hole.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
The problem with molding the front splitter to the clam is if or should I say when you hit something with the front splitter. You can take it off and fix it or replace it easily. No doubt it looks awesome molded in and if you're a show car it's a must. But if you race ...forget about it. just my 3 am 2¢.
agree with you 100% ... I lost my front lip on the track in the dirt :no: - but of course, my whole front clam had to be replaced...:(

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Coi,
If you're thinking of doing this BUY IT NOW! Price will be much higher later and you'll have to wait months for a group buy. Just so I'm clear. I only have one of these at this price.

Max tire? Big, But you can put spacers in if you don't want to go wide. Spacers that we recommend are from the UK and bolt onto the hub and the tire bolts onto the spacer. $512

The front Splitter doesn't require a bigger tire, unless you want too.
would love to, but its just not quite in my budget right now...LOL

thanx anyway

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
seriously, whoever jumps on this is going to be one happy Lotus owner!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Good to see you're closer to getting this widebody clam to stateside, Jacob :clap: I'm still shocked with the price tag, that's dirt cheap for what you get :eek: Whoever picks up this first one is getting a bargain.

To answer Eddie's question, the widebody setup on my car is substantially wider. I measured my flares to be about +90mm each side. Based on the pictures provided for this widebody and comparing it to the Reverie cars, I'm estimating it to be about +40mm. I would run no more than 9" wide wheels if you're going for custom wheels. You may be able to get away with 9.5" wheels provided that the wheels don't hit anything towards the rear suspension, but it will be a VERY tight fit.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
That looks so awesome. Thank you for posting better pictures.

I actually like the bolt on look for the front for some reason.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts