The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Gents.
Buddy passed away in NJ, where I'm from. Drove the '05 Elise from TX. Went to the memorial service, paid my repects. Saw some old friends and dropped in on Wifey's Fam. Last Monday I met Colin (#973.XXX.XXXX). These cars are out back of his spot. Solid, Old school guy. Nice as can be and...wait for it.... Honest! Whoa. I had a clutch and flywheel, both brand new in the box, with me. Colin took the car for a spin and told me that I probably had 6 more mos. to go. Huh? Yes Mon. Big Ups to this guy.

See Part II for the gory (car-guy gory, not bloody) wreck shots.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TX>NJ>TX Part II

OK. Route 81 is Beautiful. Colin's a Solid Bro.

UNTIL! Mr. 18 wheeler comes over into the right lane where you've been hanging all day long, through sleet in DE, rain in VA, and then finally the weather clears. Beautiful road, that 81. Just stay in the left lane, folks.
Hot damn.

Lastly, I Love having the knowledge that some of you out there could take this Elan and make it up and at em again.

Cheers, All :)

6.jpg

7.jpg

5E4.jpg

5E5.jpg

5E8.jpg

·
Registered
115 Posts
Glad you're okay. More details on the accident though, please. Not quite sure what happened... Also, how bad is the damage? It doesn't look completely horrible in pics, but in can't tell how the chassis faded from the impact. What did you even hit?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts