The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I are picking up an Elise Saturday. Looking for a few points of interest in between Houston north. We're taking a quick sidetrip to the Dragon and Cherohola skyway. A stop at LSU and Baton Rouge for some tiger viewing and cajun lunch, but that's about it. I'm even game for hitching up with a few other Lotus listers/owners. It's a 2000 mile trip and we're driving Sat/Sun/Mon back.

Hoping for a mechanically sound trip back.

Mike

·
Registered
856 Posts
After the Dragon you should head North on the Blue Ridge Parkway instead of the interstate. Unless you are in a hurry.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
After the Dragon you should head North on the Blue Ridge Parkway instead of the interstate. Unless you are in a hurry.
+1
:up:

Whole area is nice to drive/ride through.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you want to view some race tracks, you could head west out of NH through the back roads of NY to see Watkins Glen and Corning, NY then cut south to see BeaverRun in west PA, then head down through Ohio to see Mid Ohio. From M-O, there are multiple highway options to point you towards Houston. All the tracks are fairly close to major roads so they can be short visits.

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
The LOONYs are meeting just West of Rochester NY ...right off the 90 at 9am on sunday.

YOu can also stop by my place in Buffalo. Always open to Lotus guys..

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
Saying what I have just said is till good..but if you want to drive a great back road.....

Take 144 north from Williamsport PA to Galeton PA...then take back roads over to Watkins glen. It you get there by 12 noon you can drive the track for a small fee...

144 is one of the best roads in the USA.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
roadtrip thanks

Thanks group! I am flying to Houston and driving back to NH. I have driven the Glen a few times myself, favorite track I might ad. Dragon to Ohio and Buffalo is a bit of a sidetrack, but the 144 PA route could be an option. I'm in Corning on business often so I'll find my way home from there, 6hrs.

Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline drive are always a blast too.

So many twisties and so little time.

Mike

·
Registered
814 Posts
Definitely take some time to enjoy the roads of NC if you can. I'm sure the Elise will be great in the white mountains too when you get it back home.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
And post some pics of the trip!
Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Where in NH are you heading? I live in Goffstown.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts