The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more I see the Heritage Type 25 the more I like it. I know it's very bold, but it really seems to say,” traditional British Race-Car." I like that. Hey is that the checkered flag... ?

Is it growing on anyone else? I think it was Modern Wedgie that said a rep at Lotus commented that we need to be making our preferences known now. Also from looking at some of the British forums it would appear that Heritage cars hold their value better.

Is it growing on anyone else... Can you see that checkered flag?
:)

http://www.sandsmuseum.com/cars/elise/pictures/elises2lotus/elise25.jpg

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I wonder how good it'll look without the hard roof and the semi contiguous racing stripes. Also, do the stripes end at the lip of the tail or do they extend around and toward the license plate?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Derek-

I did ask the Lotus rep if there would be any special edition elises for the US (see, told you I'd forget a question or two in my factory commentary). He replied that it is unlikely to happen anytime soon. But definetly...keep pestering! He hears what you want, and he takes it back to the decision makers.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
I agree the Type 25 is way cool. The stripes extend all the way down the back of the car. If they offered it I'd be hard pressed to choose between it and CO.

I doubt they would offer it at this stage in the game. I think Lotus will wait and begin offering 'special editions' later on - after the initial demand is satiated. At least that was their strategy in Euroland.

Of course you can just buy a S2 in British Racing Green and have a body shop paint the yellow stripes on.

BTW: I'm visiting Pittsburg in a coupla weeks. I'm going to PM you with some questions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The type 25 is one of my favorite color schemes. I also saw BRG stripes on a white S2, looked great even with the green soft top. I would wait for a special edition like that. No, never mind I can't wait so I'll just order the best available and then trade up later, unless of course we can convince the decision makers now, who's with me?:D

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I'm a big fan as well. I've always had a hard time finding good pictures of it (other than the one that's on the Lotus UK website - straight on shot from above). So, for your viewing pleasure:

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Man I like those gold wheels, I think the type 25 would look better with the gold rather than black. What are your opinions?
Thanks for the pics, I groaned in poignant delight looking at them while in agony of this wait.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for the great pics BrianK! The network went down at work and I had lost all of my previous photos. It's good to see some new ones too. I'm not sure about which wheels I prefer, maybe the gold clashes with the yellow stripes. Still bolder yet is that red gold and white heritage car, I actually like it a lot, I hated that scheme on the S1. The S2 looks great with any combo but I doubt the red/gold/white would go over in the US, too cocacolaish. I guess the correct stance to take is if you don't know what it is than it's not for you, same reason why early Ferrari's didn't have actual model specific badges.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Type 25 lovers unite!

Lotus, if you are listening, I want my Federal Elise in Type 25 colors and I want it done at the factory. I don't want the hassle of having my body shop do it. After waiting so long for my Elise, I won't want to give it up for a couple days so it can be painted. And maybe I'm crazy, but it would seem less "authentic" to me if it weren't done at the factory.

Are there enough Type 25 fanatics among us to make this happen? It seems to have worked for chrome orange.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Kev111
I'm glad somebody else likes the red/white/gold, I was sheepishly looking at that and thinking "man that looks great"
I'd gladly throw my hat in the ring for the Type 25 colors. It started kinda slow for me but it is definitely growing on me. I'm at a position where any of my top 3-4 colors could be my #1 and I'd feel good about it.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Still bolder yet is that red gold and white heritage car, I actually like it a lot, I hated that scheme on the S1.
I agree 100%

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Gold wheels on the Type 25 may be a bit too much. I think the anthracite/gunmetal wheels will be cooler.

The S2 really does look great in so many colors. Even if CO is not offered I have enough back up colors that will keep me smilin' - besides I'm buying this car to drive, not hang on my wall!

Good luck Team Type 25. If you convince Lotus to offer it, I may need to reconsider my color choice....

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
besides I'm buying this car to drive, not hang on my wall!
Ha! I knew of a guy who bought two Ducati 916's. One to ride one he kept dry right out of the crate, put it in a acrylic case with lights and made it a bar.
As to hanging on the wall, in the Kansas Cosmosphere they have an Sr-71 mounted on a wall in 15 degree bank. Frankly the debauchery part of me sees nothing wrong with having an elise on the war, in a case, under a bar, it's a piece of art :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
mapes said:
If you convince Lotus to offer it, I may need to reconsider my color choice....
This thread was created to test your commitment to the COM and your display of weakness has not pleased the members.:p

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I have been in love with the Type 25 since I first laid eyes on it. It's my wallpaper AND my screensaver. And I'd carry a pic in my wallet if I had one. Since it doesn't look like I'll be able to get Mono Black, I plan to get BRG, and have the stripes painted on. My girlfriend says it makes it lose the classy look of the car, too 'boy racer.' The odd thing is, she actually likes the racing stripes on the Mini Cooper... ??? go figure. Maybe its time to trade her in... anyone have any konis?

LOTUS... IF YOU'RE LISTENING... I WOULD SACRIFICE MY LEFT NUT (OR JUST PAY CASH, IF YOU PREFER) TO HAVE THIS COLOR. PLEASE. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S NOT 'TYPE 25.' I JUST WANT THIS COLOR. GIVE US A RACING STRIPE OPTION!!!

Cade

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
stripes

I think lobbying for a racing stripe option might have more success than pushing for one specific color scheme... While I am sure there are more than a handful of people who would want the type 25 scheme, if they offer stripes as a general option there would be a LOT more people who would be interested. Personally, I would consider yellow with black stripes, blue with white stripes or a reverse type 25 -yellow with green stripes, and I would be willing to pay extra, just as they will charge for chrome orange color....

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I think that is a very good idea Ivan. Yep.

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Ivan, welcome! You're absolutely right... one of the other color (oops, colour) schemes that I think would be good is Black with Titanium stripes... oooooh... :D

Cade

1 - 20 of 60 Posts