The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
theob said:
4) How long can I expect they'll last? (non-track use)
About 10.000km's maximum with normal road use.

I'm considering this purchase, because many of our roads are slippery, and 111R understeers sometimes more than wanted.
Have the car aligned properly first and then change it so it has a little more front (negative) camber and a little more toe out. That should take care of most of the unsersteer in one go.

Going to A048R's is a very big and expensive step just to reduce some understeer.

Even if you want to go wider then I'd go for normal road tires in 185/50R16 front like the Dunlop SP9000 or the Toyo Proxes T1S.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The 111R probably has the same settings as the older Elises.

So at the front it's currenty almost 0° for both the camber and the toe setting. (exactly straight up and straight ahead)

Going to -0.5° front camber and something like 0°10" total toe OUT should make it a lot more grippy at the front, but not cause too much tire wear.

On the S2 you can reach around -1° of front camber before you have to start modifying (shaving/cutting) the mounting plinth or the hub carrier face.

It's a good idea to have the car alignment checked after a few months anyway, as they do unfortunately *not* come from the factory with the proper settings most of the time, or the settings 'drift' after everything settles down during use.

Very common complaint on new Elises for instance is that the steering wheel is at an angle when going straight.. It tracks straight and there's no real alignment problem, but the steering wheel is not centered properly..

Very strange for a company who prides themselves on suspension and such, but it's a very common occurrance.

Bye, Arno.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.