The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting my Elise search in earnest. There is a local car that is very interesting but before I snap it up I want to find out if what I really want is like hen's teeth.

Can anyone point to production numbers for the various colors? I really want a Magnetic Blue, or Nightfall Blue car. If those are incredibly hard to find I may settle for a less desirable (to me) color...

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Plan that it might take a year of searching for the right car, hope to get lucky immediately. Treat it as a job. There is partial data on colors listed in vincesf's thread? For example, my car , 2005 Bordeaux Red Pearl/Black interior - about 200 made. Honestly - you might get lucky - or you might be waiting awhile. In my case it was Purple or Bordeaux. In one year , i was aware of three cars total to look at, 1 purple - which i missed by a couple of days - and the first Bordeaux - my money did not come through in time. Bought the the third car. Total time - 1 year. It was really hard waiting that long for the right car in the right condition.
i think Nightfall is a bit rare - really pretty - don't blame you. Lots of folks want that car. I believe Magnetic is more common. The real problem may be supply - there are not a ton of cars for sale right now (as compared to when i bought) maybe 20 across the country being advertised? I think 5 on cars.com right now. I don't know how many are for sale in LT's for sale section. My feeling is the market is getting tighter.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Good advice Komiko. To put it in perspective, it took me a year to find the perfect chrome orange Elise and that's considered to be a more common color.

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I may have to learn patience. I looked into what I thought was a Nightfall up at SLC Maserati. Based on their mechanics inspection that car was ridden hard and put away wet. I am not even sure what color it is, it started off as a bordeaux and was resprayed...

·
Registered
273 Posts
I too searched just over a year before I found the one I wanted.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I searched well over two years for my Exige, and that was searching every single day. I almost bought a laser blue Exige because I got tired of looking but I'm glad I waited. Like others have said, be patient and wait for the right car. You'll be much happier with your final purchase.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I found my Nightfall Blue '05 within two weeks of actively looking. You just need to look in the right place at the right time :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I spent over 8 months looking for a white one and then fell in love with an '05 racing green. Still don't know which color I like better.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
pretty car.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Buy any elise, you'll fall in love with any color. I actually wanted chrome orange but grew to love mag blue

·
V EQLS IR
331 Posts
i too was dead set on getting a silver/grey, but found a low mileage mag blue that i couldn't pass up.

now i'm thrilled i went for it - not only am i usually the only MB in a sea of orange and grey at meetups, the color is stunning in different lights. Direct sun makes it look really dark and deep, but dusk/dawn brings out the flakes and makes it look almost violet....

great, now i can't remember if my original point was to tell you to look around, or hold out for mag blue!

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That was fast. I found a one owner 2006 Polar Blue...

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
It took me a year and a half for my graphite grey with red interior... And congrats on the find!!! Let's see some pictures!

·
Older but getting faster
524 Posts
Really REALLY wanted Krypton Green.

"Settled" (happily) 6 years ago for Ardent Red.

Still love Krypton Green though.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
That was fast. I found a one owner 2006 Polar Blue...
flexibility on color will allow you to find a good car quickly, no doubt.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've begun my search, there are only a few color I don't think I would even consider so hopefully that cuts down on the search and I can forcus on a good condition vehicle. I would LOVE to have it black with a hardtop though...fingers crossed.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Well the good news is, considering the trend in pricing, you may be able to buy a Right Now car while you search for the Right One and then flip them without taking too much of a loss.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts