The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve decided to put her up for sale. Details below.

70,000 original miles, second owner, never in any accidents, great shape lives in the garage and used mostly as a weekend toy.

Factory options:
*Power steering, brakes, windows, mirrors.
*Air conditioning.
*R-package rear lip spoiler and front air dam (this is not an R package car however)

Exerior:
*Moss low profile headlights w/Hella projector lamps for low beams, separate Hella lamps for high beams.
*Altezza tail lights (stock units included)

Interior:
*Pioneer head unit w/ MB Quart 5 ¼” speakers w/tweeters
*Autometer electric gauges: Vac./Boost, water temp, oil temp.
*Aluminum Voodo shift knob and hand brake lever w/chrome button.
*Hard Dog single diagonal roll bar.
*5lb.Chrome Halotron fire extinguisher(mounted to cross brace)

Suspension/wheels/tires:
*Ground Control coil overs w/ adjustable spring perches. Koni yellows and Eibach springs ~35% stiffer than stock, I don’t recall the exact spring rate
*Racing Beat solid sway bars
*Panasport 15 x 7 wheels (stock 6 spoke alloys included w/standard street tires)
*Falken Azzeni 205/50/15 tires (nearly new)
*Hawk brake pads on standard rotors

Performance:
*FM U3 Ubercharger @ 13lbs. Boost. Consists of 1200ax Whipple twin-screw supercharger mounted on aluminum intake manifold, dedicated 6-rib drive belt, A/A intercooler, cold air box, 550cc injectors, Link full standalone engine management computer w/ keypad.
*Jackson racing 4-2-1 header
*Jackson racing hi-flow cat
*Racing Beat dual outlet exhaust.
*FM twin-cooler (high capacity radiator/oil cooler combo.)
*Racing Beat semi-metallic clutch paired with their 8lb. Flywheel
Dyno plot here: http://www.flyinmiata.com/tech/dyno_runs/U3_nathan.pdf

I have been meaning to install an oil catch at some point to go with the supercharger set-up but haven’t gotten around to doing it. Otherwise the car needs nothing.

Extras:
As mentioned, the car comes with the factory 6 spoke alloys w/ standard street tires which are in excellent shape, factory tail lights as well as all stock intake components, ECU, injectors etc… to return the car to naturally aspirated form if one desires.

My cardomain page with most pictures Here: Monterey Miata: Monterey Miata - Monterey, California

More pictures below

Car is located in Grand Junction, Colorado just 10 miles from Flyin’ Miata:

Flyin' Miata 1 800 FLY MX5s

Asking price: $10,000 or best offer

e-mail:
mazdaphile @ hotmail.com

I welcome all discussion.

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Does the top still go up with the roll bar there?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bumpity for the Monday crew.

With fall just around the corner I am willing be a bit more flexible on the price. I would be willing to take $8000 to make a sale happen.

Noble

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Compression numbers? w/ pics?

How many miles on that clutch? (how many track miles etc)

Has it had the required 60k service? (trans/diff flush + timing components)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Compression numbers? w/ pics?
How many miles on that clutch? (how many track miles etc)
Has it had the required 60k service? (trans/diff flush + timing components)
I don't have compression numbers. As mentioned, FM headquarters is a 10 minute drive from my front door. We can certainly arrange a pre-purchase inspection if you or anyone else likes.

There are aprox. ~20,000 miles on the the clutch/flywheel. there has been 3 track days and maybe 6 auto-x events on this car. Everything works as it should without issue.

The timing belt has not been changed. Otherwise everything is relatively fresh, including transmission and differential fluids.

Thanks for looking

Noble

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Thanks a lot for putting up with my questions.

Just to let you know a compression tester is $20 from autozone.

Yeah that timing belt is past due.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Wow, nice car at a killer price. I had a '99 miata that I supercharged before I bought my Elise. I miss the Miata, a great sleeper car. Nothing more fun than someone expecting to blow the doors of the "girls car" at a stop light getting a little surprise, not that I condone that sort of behavior. If I had the garage space I'd have a hard time coming up with a reason to not but this car. Good luck selling it, someone should snap this up, the extras alone are nearly worth the selling price.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the compliments.

The supercharger system alone was $5000 all by its self. Considering that it comes pre-installed (and tuned by FM on this car) on a very nice low mileage issue free car with all the extras, this has to be the bang-per-dollar deal of the year. I've had a few people on the Miata forum suggest that I part the car out and If I don't get a buyer at this price, I just may do that, but considering how much time/effort/love I have put into this car I'd rather not if I don't have to.

I'll probably see what sort of interest there is over the next couple of weeks at this price. If there is none, she will likely get returned to stock and many of the performance items will be parted out.

Feel free to spread the word.

Noble

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
*SOLD*

She is going to the East coast next week. Thanks for looking.

Noble

1 - 14 of 14 Posts