The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just cosmetic damage to the rear, , but the fiberglass is damaged-cracked and broken. I think I'll still race next weekend, but the back will need to be fixed, and it won't be cheap. ugh. 5 mile/hour bumpers-now i wish I had one.:(

Normal car's bumpers, it seems, meet our Elise just above the grill in the back.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Yike. Very sorry to hear that. Was it because they couldn't see the car because it was too low, or was it just plain old ignorance?

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ignorance. I live in PA, the home of it. Pics later after I'm done throwing up. Cripes.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
That really sucks!!
I plan to exercise extreme defensive parking measures like WAY far away from anyone, and right up against a planter curb if possible....
Sorry to hear of the misfortune:(

·
Registered
677 Posts
Randy needs to make a ChaseCam "Hit & Run" camera for our Loti!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
aletes said:
Randy needs to make a ChaseCam "Hit & Run" camera for our Loti!
Dude, he is!

Stick the Digital Video Recorder in there with a wide-angle camera on circular-loop.. if there's damage when you get back, you can 'rewind' and persue.

A camera facing front and one facing back might not be out of the question. A half/half video combiner would probably cost more than two digital recorders, though.

I intend to have video recording running anytime the engine is on. To much crazy stuff happens where I drive.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Luckily it was a hit and dumb, not run. Still. grrrr

Lots of glass work. At least the two scratches I had will get fixed, too.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Surferjer said:
Luckily it was a hit and dumb, not run. Still. grrrr

Lots of glass work. At least the two scratches I had will get fixed, too.
what was the excuse? and how exactly did the accident happen?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Not cool. No one seems to have any respect for other people's stuff anymore. Sorry to hear about it.:mad:

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Man that sucks.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Sorry to hear it. That completely sucks. :( :mad: I hope the repairs won't be too costly.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The repairs will costly. The fiberglass is broken in one spot with a 15 inch crack along the crease. She just backed up too far, didn't see me there. It's all cosmetic, so unless the car is actually being repaired this weekend, I'm going to go ahead and race I suppose. I can't wait for it to be repaired. :( Insurance estimate today.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Wow....I'm sad to hear this happened but glad noone was hurt. I almost had the same thing happen a couple weeks after I got my car. In a rowed parking lot, a lady in a Suburban backed up from her parking spot in the next row. I was in my car about to back up and paused when I noticed her intent. As the behemoth angled back, it became obvious to me that a collision might occur. I could not go forward due to a curb. So I honked the horn rapidly and then just kept it on. The Suburban kept coming back towards me as I cringed. Finally the reverse lights went out and it pulled away. She parked about 200 feet over for some reason so once I backed out I drove over there.

"Hi sorry to bother you but you almost ran into me back there when you left your parking spot"

"What?"

"Over there where you were just parked (pointing).

"Well I didn't see anything!"

"Did you hear my horn? I was honking and honking!"

"I didn't see anything.....and nothing happened....I need to make a phone call, have a nice day"

So from then on I just park in known safe places or away from the mainstream and just walk the extra few steps. For many vehicles, especially SUVs the Elise is too small and low to be seen by those who are not careful.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Stan said:

"Did you hear my horn? I was honking and honking!"

"I didn't see anything.....and nothing happened....I need to make a phone call, have a nice day"
Wow.

Where's that thread on the air horns?

And how can you mount one on the rear valence facing backwards?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts