The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Thomas-I hope to make two batches next week-a raspberry wheat and a light cream ale. I have enough carboys to have three batches going at once and still transfer to secondary. I have been making way less beer since I started racing :)

Hana Highway at night? Stellar, or deadly if you're not careful! Thanks for the surf advice. a decision is a ways off on moving, though.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
With the hardtop on, yes. But what is it attached to with the soft top? I can't figure that puzzle out. I was relegated to taking my Jeep last time. Very sad indeed:(

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
OOOHHH My 1,002 post! A celebration beer, this calls for!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hi Surfer -

Sorry to hear about the damage. :(

I used to do the homebrew thing, but it's been quite awhile now since my last batch. I'm more into wine now (drinking not making although I've tried that as well). but just the other day I popped open a ginger mead I'd made about 8 years ago, it's holding up nicely ! :D

My wife and I are going up to Sonoma in a few days for a little vacation, I'll PM you or post some photos if you'd like to see the area !

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Mikester-I'd LOVE some pictures! Gracias!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey Surfer

My wife and I were discussing the Elise driving up RT.100 on Sunday at about 4pm when we saw a BRP Elise coming off the PA turnpike ramp heading onto Rt.100 South. By chance was that you? If so, were you at the autocross? Your car looked SWEET!

I also saw a bright blue Elise this morning getting onto the turnpike from Rt.1. Anyone know who that is?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Jer,

Great meeting you at the get together Saturday night! Looks like a great group of people we have in the local club. Thanks for letting me check out your car and starting it up - the QS exhaust sounds great!

Regarding Karosserie, I would strongly recommend them to anyone in the area. I've had work done by them on my other cars and the quality was top notch. Many of my friends in the FOC use them and the work is concours quality. For anyone who is unfortunate as to have frame problems in the future, they also know how to work aluminum (one of the few shops outfitted to work on aluminum frames - partnered with Algar Ferrari to do work on 360 Modenas). They are expensive, but you are entitled to the car in it's pre-incident condition, which was new - so it's worth pushing the insurance company.

See you soon! Hope all went well on Sunday AXing!

Chris

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
LITEW8CRAZY-yep, that was me coming back. I was probably driving pretty sedately, too. AutoXs take the oomph out of your street driving. That bright blue car was likely Robert's baby. Only he could confirm.

Chris-great talking to you, too. What an excellent group of folks to get together! And to have 5 Elises, 1 Europa and an Esprit all together was pretty cool for a casually-planned event!

On the autoX-I'm not sure how I did. I had a great 2nd run, posted an announced and scored time as 57.208 seconds, and it was even put on paper that way. Then someone scratched it out (literally) and changed it to 58.xxx. I don't know what happened. If I got credit for the 57.208, I think I finished 4th out of 11 drivers in my class. If not, I was 5th. My son got 7th or 8th! It's always fun to race, but the weather was awful, and the event organizers had scads of problems. The afternoon runs were canceled because we were so far behind schedule. And they wouldn't let Stan run because he wasn't preregistered. Kind of bit. I'll stick to Phiily, autoX and SJ events going forward.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts