The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my car in for service today and they gave me a Z4 2.5 loaner for the day...

The more I look at it the more I realize how ugly it is :p

Not too impressive to drive either... suspension is way too soft, not enough power, etc.

·
Registered
485 Posts
despite all the bangle bashing, I thought it was pretty uniquse looking. Definitely seemed to get either a love it or hate it reaction.

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
i agree with slope, it is very unique looking. At first i didnt quite like it, but after a while i got used to it. that's the thing, it looks good because it looks odd/ugly. I like it, i wish they would release an M version. It stands out from normal, boring car designs. When I see a 7, a new 5, or the new 6; i know exactly what it is, because they are uniqe.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
I brought my car in for service today and they gave me a Z4 2.5 loaner for the day...

Not too impressive to drive either... suspension is way too soft, not enough power, etc.
Welcome to the wonderful world of the New Ultimate Ugly machines! You mean to say the looks of the Z4 aren't growing on you? :D

Neil

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just took it out again for lunch... the looks still suck but I have to admit it was nice to have an open top car today as the weather is pretty nice. I guess I can't really complain... it was a free rental, the gas is free, and it's a hell of a lot better than the Lancer (not EVO, obviously) rental they usually send people down the street to get ;)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
MikeAR303 said:

Honestly, I think just about all the new BMW's are butt ugly. Look at the new 7, the new 6 and of course the Z4. If I ever drive one I'll put a bag over my head so no one sees me in those ugly things;)

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Ugh... Z4

hermanslotus said:
Honestly, I think just about all the new BMW's are butt ugly. Look at the new 7, the new 6 and of course the Z4.
Agreed...

Bangle needs to go, fast. They could stand to get rid of the other guy too... Hooydonk I think it is (I'm pretty sure he's the one who initially started to mess up the headlights on the E46 3 series).

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Bangle doesn't even design half of these cars himself, so I think the problem is more deeply rooted than just him.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vantage said:
Bangle doesn't even design half of these cars himself, so I think the problem is more deeply rooted than just him.
All I know is that after the first of the E46 3 series, something went horribly wrong over there... and as far as I knew it was Bangle and Hooydonk.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I love the Z4. If I weren't getting the Elise, I'd probably get a 3.0 with the big wheels.

They do look kinda funny with the small wheels, though.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
The biggest problem with the Z4 design is the front fenders. The sharp angles in them swoop upwards, even though the hood has a downward slope. The result is that the nose of the car looks like it's sticking up from a profile or quarter view. It's really not attractive at all. It's like a little piggy, very awkward and un-sporty.

Then there's the fact that the trunk is squished. With the top down, it looks ok, because the lines of the trunk flow with the passenger compartment. When the top is up, though, it looks like a little squished butt... like they couldn't make up their minds whether they wanted a hatchback or fastback or coupe... it's really disturbing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts