The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know which dealer is more likely to give a discount off a new UK elise? Ive heard snow's do and maybe one or two others, although I guess Lotus are trying to cut it out, but the cars aren't exactly running off the shelves.
Ive contacted snows and hardly got a response and the other dealers are pretty un responsive, surprising given the 90% drop in Uk sales and here is a potential customer.

Anyone got a discount recently? I was offered an easy 5% before, not sure if thats the max...?

thanks

·
Registered
865 Posts
Try UK based SELOC Lotus forum for this question, Lotus Talk is US based. Hofmann of Henley or B&C Surrey have a good reputation. Why not start there ?

But as a gut feel, I would have thought 10 to 15% of the list price could be got from a car in-stock at the dealer (i.e. RHD) - easily (as built & optioned sitting in the showroom, not the base price).

If you want to configure a car & get it built for you, the discount will be lower (5-10% ?) - it will still count towards the dealer performance targets / bonus, so don't let them tell you it doesn't.

The UK has been running promotions like interest free payment, 50:50 payment, extended warranty, free servicing etc. All this costs £££. If you don't need it, then this will help with the discount too.

Obviously it will have UK sales tax (20% VAT) in the price and if its not going to stay in the UK, make sure they don't quote you 'on the road price' as that will be higher, as it includes 1st road tax too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts