The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
4.3 sec 0-60...gonna be some disappointed campers. But it's right in-line with what I predicted. I'm not disappointed.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hm... so keyless go and powerfold mirrors are listed on the base model, but not FE. That's odd... maybe implied that FE gets everything the base offers and then some?

4.3 sec 0-60...gonna be some disappointed campers. But it's right in-line with what I predicted. I'm not disappointed.
I noticed the 4.3 too.. HP is still stating 400 and not 416 though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hm... so keyless go and powerfold mirrors are listed on the base model, but not FE. That's odd... maybe implied that FE gets everything the base offers and then some?

Saw the 400hp too. Hmmm...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

Here's a screenshot showing FE adds onto base equipment:
Rectangle Yellow Font Brand Parallel

And here's a table of possible Evora V6 transplants. We can confuse ourselves w/ whether the site or Matt Windle are referring to standard hp or metric hp (PS) and how that aligns w/ the 420N-m torque figure lol
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Document

I've seen the UK version of non-Lotus cars be detuned in hp vs their US counterpart due to emissions. Matt leaked 416hp at Goodwood to a fellow UK countryman suggesting that's a UK figure. But did he mean 416 metric hp (PS)? That would map directly to the Evora Sport 410 w/ 420N-m torque.

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,196 Posts
I'm disappointed and a more than a little surprised that the AMG engine is listed at 360hp which means Lotus had DE-TUNED the engine to get less than the lowest power optioned I4. Did AMG find a warehouse of old engines to sell Lotus? I though Lotus said it was an AMG M139 engine. I want the DCT but maybe not if we are only getting 360hp. Selection day is going to be soooo hard....

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Part of me wants to believe this new Lotus is pulling a Porsche and understating their figures. But these numbers would make sense if it starts closer to $80k to slightly underperform the $100k Evora GT.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So it looks like First Edition includes 12-way power seats, Kef audio, mats + nets, painted calipers, forged wheels?
Yes, exactly. No choice on wheels and audio which would be big cost options. I wanted manually adjustable seats but looks like even the base model has 4-way power seats.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes, exactly. No choice on wheels and audio which would be big cost options. I wanted manually adjustable seats but looks like even the base model has 4-way power seats.
So the big question now is when they said "starts around $80k" on the Quail brochure did that mean First Edition or Base. I'm betting it's Base.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
On the bright side, they didn't lard up First Edition with front parking sensors, active lane assist, etc.
They may for the US. The US cars will have reverse cameras standard

1 - 20 of 103 Posts