The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Pretty awesome...Would it be legal as a kit car in the U.S.??? any idea on costs? I wish I had the time (and skill) to put together something like that....

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd imagine you could lose your eyes on a run like that...

Popped back into your skull for 5.9 seconds then shot back out for 4.4 :D

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
The Ultima is pretty wild. I checked one out awhile ago. You climb into it much like the Elise. But it is easier because of the door design. It is very bare. Make the Elise look plush. But power is fantastic. Grip is amazing. No trunk. I consider it to be a track only car. You do feel like a race car driver when you get in it.

I would have one as a play thing. Cost is $89k for the rolling chassis.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I remember hearing that an F1 car can do 0-100-0 in just over 3 seconds ... is that even possible?

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm thinking I might have to take a road trip to the US distributor...

I never knew until today that they sold them here at all, and the distributor is in IL :)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
NtflBlueLiz said:
the ultima is a lot like the Noble as far as the legality in the US, you buy it as a rolling chassis and add your engine. There used to be a delaer in Pompano Beach in FL.
You can buy it as a kit from the UK, and save a lot of money by doing the work yourself, which has been on my list of things to do once I have a garage for a long time.

I've been having second thoughts lately tho... anyone know if they fit into a club racing class of some sort?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Holy moly! Were those flames coming out of the exhaust when the Ultima braked to a stop at the end of the 0-100-0 run?!? :clap:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts