The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Hmm,
Takes me to a generic site. I know that Donovan had the Lotus cars site routed to a specific IP addy which would come up when you typed in Lotuscars.com. Doesn't seem to be the case now.

This is the IP addy and it works:

http://66.139.73.25/lotus.html

Chris

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
It looks like it got hijacked immediatly upon expiration.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
The domain information that Randy posted in the other thread said that it expires on October 18. Today is October 19. Looks like they simply let the domain name expire?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
That's gonna cost Lotuscars now! As Donovan is/was the site manager wasn't it his responsibility to make surre that didn't happen?
Chris

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
WHOIS info still shows the domain as LOCKED. Owned by Arnie Johnson at LCU. Email links to Nazz.

Damn... I hate to see this. It just looks very unprofessional for Lotus.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Randy Chase said:
WHOIS info still shows the domain as LOCKED. Owned by Arnie Johnson at LCU. Email links to Nazz.

Damn... I hate to see this. It just looks very unprofessional for Lotus.
Seen this before, someone owns the domain and is in no hurry to renew it after being dismised, and he is the only one that can at least in the short term.

Either he doesn't know or really, would you make it easy for the company that canned you?

I agree, it doesn't look good for LCU.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
That's gonna cost Lotuscars now! As Donovan is/was the site manager wasn't it his responsibility to make surre that didn't happen?
Chris

Great, here comes another price increase to cover the cost of getting the domain name back.

:D

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
It still works for me, but if they truly lost the domain it may have not trickled down to the dns server I'm using yet.

I'd mirror the site but there's nothing worth saving...

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I love how it defaults to a bunch of search-farm links to "scars" and "stretchmarks".

I can't say I find it less informative than before, though.

It's also faster now that it's served up by some DSL namesquatter in Vegas.

Anyway, glad to see it go. Now it can be reborn by Kinetic Interactive as "lotus-usa" or somesuch.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
The domain did expire. If you check the contact e-mail address, it's not Donovans, it's missing the 2nd "e" from his address.

They know about the problem and are working on it.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
ConeFusion said:
The domain information that Randy posted in the other thread said that it expires on October 18. Today is October 19. Looks like they simply let the domain name expire?
Reigster.com lists the expiration date as 18 Oct 2005, no this year.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts