The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was making some fine adjustments to my suspension, and noticed this plastic tube pictured below. I have no idea what it is, or what and if it supposed to be connected to anything. It might explain why I hear a "airleak type" sound coming from my passenger front side from time to time while driving.

I took the next obvious thing, and checked the same location on the drivers side, and noticed there is no tube that on side at all.

Any insight would greatly be appreciated in helping me discovering this mystery tube.

Thanks! :sad:

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
+1. Condensation drain.

I haven't been in a Lotus yet that doesn't have the intermittent "airleak type" sound at the passenger front to which you refer. Although, I don't know exactly what causes it. I do have a few ideas, however, none of which are that plastic tube ;).

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
+1. Condensation drain.

I haven't been in a Lotus yet that doesn't have the intermittent "airleak type" sound at the passenger front to which you refer. Although, I don't know exactly what causes it. I do have a few ideas, however, none of which are that plastic tube ;).
ahh great so :tadts:

lol, thanks guys, glad to know that a condensation drain looks like a broken off plastic tube of some type of importance.

ahh i love owning a lotus. :huh:

·
Registered
317 Posts
There's a little known British law dating from the 1950's that requires this tube for all cars built in the country. It actually serves no purpose today, but once upon a time, it was where you refilled the smoke for the Lucas electrical system. :crazyeyes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts