The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the best ways to make time pass quickly is to keep a mind mind active with mundane, yet interesting, projects. Since there are a lot of very smart folks monitoring the forum, there may be some questions/topics that could have gone unanswered. Some I can think of…

Infrared (IR) signature of the Elise
Radar signature of the front end of the Elise…anti-speed-trap/radar versus larger sized targets
Best driving songs for the Elise
In a pinch, can the Elise actually pass under a tractor trailer?
Ability of spy satellites to see an Elise?
Acceleration of Elise as compared to various bird species and a mature cheetah?
Possibility of chiropractor discounts for the increased number of back injuries from entering/exiting/trying to have sex in an Elise
Ability to store an Elise inside a motorhome, vice towing it.
Expected Evil-Knievel-style jump distances for an Elise
Expected ability/duration of floatation due to glue-enclosed chassis
Weight reduction/addition of a bullet-proof titanium chassis instead of aluminum

Dave

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I want to know more about #2. I honestly think that with the composite front end, the aluminium chassis, and the lack of engine in the front, that the radar signature is going to be pretty wack...

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
X000000101 said:
Acceleration of Elise as compared to various bird species and a mature cheetah?
Acinonyx jubatus raineyi or Acinonyx jubatus ngorongorensis??

;)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
X000000101 said:
Acceleration of Elise as compared to various bird species...
European Swallow or African Swallow?

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Red Elise, ..I mean Yellow! -AARRGGHHHhhhh.....

·
Registered
724 Posts
its a little known fact that credence clearwater revival actually wrote a song about the lotus and it exit problems. it seems that lotus is plural and the individual car is actually a lodi thus the song oh no stuck in a lodi again.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Genjuro said:
I want to know more about #2. I honestly think that with the composite front end, the aluminium chassis, and the lack of engine in the front, that the radar signature is going to be pretty wack...
Not to netion that the horizontally mounted radiator might further reduce reflection to to reduced cross section...perhaps? I dont know of the true capabilities of the speed radar, but on a regular 'radar' you'd still get a return off the narrow edge of the radiator. But then again the return is proportional to emmited power which puts us in a good place considering the hand held guns.

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
hogfan said:
its a little known fact that credence clearwater revival actually wrote a song about the lotus and it exit problems. it seems that lotus is plural and the individual car is actually a lodi thus the song oh no stuck in a lodi again.
bwahahhahaha

other than the part about the Greyhound bus, the lyrics actually kinda fit. :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
The one thing I want to know that I can't seem to find anywhere is the size of the front anti-roll bars. I'm guessing 17mm for the base and 20 mm for the LSS.

anybody know?

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
X000000101 said:

In a pinch, can the Elise actually pass under a tractor trailer?
More importantly, will it fit under the average parking gate?

"$5 to park here for 15 minutes? I think not." ::drives under parking gate whilest waving certain finger and laughing aloud::

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
My Europa would go under parking gates and most Simi trailers. Of course I only tried the simi thing whent he truck as parked! My Seven sure as heck will! The Europa was 42" high.
Is there a funnier scene in Holy Grail than the oger at the bridge? Maybe the Black Knight or the schrubbers, or,,,,,,

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Regarding elise songs... I'm surprised no one has mentioned 'mellow yellow' or whatever the name of that song is. It starts out with "I'm just mad about saffron..."

It'd make a good plate for a saffron yellow elise... MLO YLO

Cade

and the best monty python line is 'with big, pointy, gnashy teeth!'

·
Registered
609 Posts
Almost

MotorCade said:
"Death awaits you all with nasty big pointy teeth."

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
MotorCade said:
I think Lotus is getting like the cheese shop skit

People expecting their cars to be at the dealerships and Lotus not having them.

I can see it now. ... Ardent Red... sorry, we are fresh out.... How about Orange... sorry the COM took all of them. Ok then give me a yellow one... Ran out of Safrfron yesterday. How about blue?..... The boat is coming next week with Magnetic Blue, Midnight Blue may be included in the shipment.

Well do you have any Lotus?.... Why yes, we are a Lotus dealership

OK, just give me a Kermit Green one then or I will take out a gun and shoot you!

BANG!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts