The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was poking around my 2005 Elise yesterday, and discovered an unattached two-wire (red/white) cable with a male/female connector.....came from a part of a wiring harness along the inside of the left rear fender, behind the battery. My re-circulating air switch is not working, so I wondered if the two situations were connected (so to speak)?

Everything else seems to be fine.

These are the only issues with my great "new" (only 3,600 miles) car!

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Haven't heard of the recirc switch failing. The boot has rouge wires for the euro spec cars something with the rear lights. I doubt that the connections you found have anything to do with the AC system. I would test the wires with a multi meter before trying to connect them to avoid a short.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
do a search.. I believe its the exige 3rd brake light connector....so not used in your case
The Exige 3rd brake light connector is at the back center of the boot, not near/behind the battery. The Elise 3rd brake light connector is hanging unused in the Exige near the battery. They are also green with black stripe and black wires as seen here: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f129/another-whats-35679/.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Is it wired to the battery itself? Sounds like it might be a connection for a trickle charger.
And WE HAVE A WINNER! At least I think :D. That sounds like a very logical answer and I'd bet it is the correct one ;).

I have been pouring over the wiring diagrams and I don't see any red-connector-white, red/white-connector, red with white stripe-connector, white with red stripe-connector, etc anywhere.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
All the ones that I have ever seen are red/black...I have never seen a crager with a white wire...but I could be wrong too...

And WE HAVE A WINNER! At least I think :D. That sounds like a very logical answer and I'd bet it is the correct one ;).

I have been pouring over the wiring diagrams and I don't see any red-connector-white, red/white-connector, red with white stripe-connector, white with red stripe-connector, etc anywhere.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is it wired to the battery itself? Sounds like it might be a connection for a trickle charger.
Yes, it's connected to the battery...Black/Red wires going to a White/Red extension pair. Trickle charger connections.

Thanks to all of you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts