The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Unattached Cable?

918 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Ronev 
#1 ·
I was poking around my 2005 Elise yesterday, and discovered an unattached two-wire (red/white) cable with a male/female connector.....came from a part of a wiring harness along the inside of the left rear fender, behind the battery. My re-circulating air switch is not working, so I wondered if the two situations were connected (so to speak)?

Everything else seems to be fine.

These are the only issues with my great "new" (only 3,600 miles) car!

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

#4 ·
Haven't heard of the recirc switch failing. The boot has rouge wires for the euro spec cars something with the rear lights. I doubt that the connections you found have anything to do with the AC system. I would test the wires with a multi meter before trying to connect them to avoid a short.

#9 ·
And WE HAVE A WINNER! At least I think :D. That sounds like a very logical answer and I'd bet it is the correct one ;).

I have been pouring over the wiring diagrams and I don't see any red-connector-white, red/white-connector, red with white stripe-connector, white with red stripe-connector, etc anywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.