The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or does the number of idiots and douch bags with these cars increase as they become more affordable? Just an observation... :popcorn:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is it me or does the number of idiots and douch bags with these cars increase as they become more affordable? Just an observation... :popcorn:
This happens with almost every nice car. Better get used to it. Why do you think the insurance rates are going up?:wallbang:

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Yes, but maintenance costs are high and a minor incident resulting in thousands of $$ repairs will hopefully deter away the ricers.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Idiots maybe but I wouldnt say douche bags. Not just lotus'. ITs all the young kids that have no bills so they can go out and buy $30k cars. I see more kids driving BMWs, lexus and other relatively expensive cars now more than ever. Of course they live at home yet think they are the shizzle. Personally I cant afford a $60k car, $30k yes and being that used elises are around that Im looking to get one as a second car.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I'm a douchebag and I bought new. The Elise is just not that expensive to purchase.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
You guys act as though there are no such thing as rich douchebags!

Until I'm shown otherwise, I'm convinced that all Veyron drivers are douchebags.... and you can buy a whole lotta Lotus with Veyron money.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Interesting. I think its the otherway around. Now that they are reasonable, actual driving purists and genuine car enthusiests of moderate means can buy them up. The douchbag owners are more likely the affluent guys that ran to the dealers when the latest and greatest toy was coming stateside and then dumped them for cheap when something else came along.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Im so freakin glad the term Douche Bag has caught on like it has. It is such a fun name to call someone. And Its totally clear what type of "dude" youre talking about when you refer to them as a douche bag... awesome.

I have felt a fair amount of Douchebaggery in replies to comments on here. Some Douche bag owners, seem to think they are "better" then the other Douche bag owners on here. I guess most people who see a guy in a Lotus assume hes a douche bag, just like the Veyron guy. Most ive met though, pretty cool so far. For the most part id consider them non-douchebags as they were smart enough to buy a car based on performance rather than cost...
The Blinged-out Lambo guy that shows up at a Lutus club event in trendy Ed hardy Gear and Versace glasses is the new Douche bag... not the guy LUCKY enough to have found a bad ass soprts car for <30K

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Have we already gotten so tired of hating on the haters who hate us for our cars that we should now start hating on each other? I'm not there yet.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Welcome to three years ago

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
There are douchebags everywhere on the internet. ANY car forum.

·
Registered
135 Posts
LOL ^^ Ive only met a few people where I live that have a lotus and they are cool guys. The ones that hate are the douchebags if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
i think the op is the only douche bag. reffering to people he doesnt even know as douche bags. lotus is not an expensive car sorry you feel that you used to be superior when the price was above 30k buy a more expensive car or do us a favor and STFU.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Have we already gotten so tired of hating on the haters who hate us for our cars that we should now start hating on each other? I'm not there yet.
Picked up my Elise for 24k last year, sold my '73 914-6 conversion to step up. Have yet to be able to attend any local (GG) get-togethers, so I can neither confirm or deny whether other Lotus owners will think I'm a "douchebag"... :sad: besides yourself, Mr. OP.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts