The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Dang man. That would have been awesome to win a Lotus in a drawing.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I saw it too and tried to buy it. It seems to have sold for close to asking.
It's still not a great deal at $45K. You would know Uranzo - you got an awesome deal on your yellow '11 SC for $40K last month!!
And you can bet the owner didn't break it properly and just 'drove it like he won it' and knew he would sell it from day one.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Agree it's not a great deal. If non-sc cars are selling for low-mid-$30's, then this car should be low to mid-$40's, so at $45k it's at the high end of market correct?

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Short of bouncing off the rev limiter when driving it off the lot, these motors do much better when broken in hard than babied into oblivion. Ask me how I know!!

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
I saw it too and tried to buy it. It seems to have sold for close to asking.
It's still not a great deal at $45K. You would know Uranzo - you got an awesome deal on your yellow '11 SC for $40K last month!!
And you can bet the owner didn't break it properly and just 'drove it like he won it' and knew he would sell it from day one.
Nice try amigo, but you're a little late.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Agree it's not a great deal. If non-sc cars are selling for low-mid-$30's, then this car should be low to mid-$40's, so at $45k it's at the high end of market correct?
Incorrect.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Correct. I've done a lot of research and at $45K it's an ok price, but not amazing, especially given the time of year.
But it's at the high end of what's acceptable.
Another '11 red SC with about 2,000 miles sold for $42,500 not long ago.

If it's the color you want, then paying a few thousand more is not that bad.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Actually wasn't late, I just didn't want to pay more than $40K. I guess you're the one who bought it? Congrats!
Dude, why don't you just admit that you were trying to steer people clear of it by essentially.....well, fabricating a story that it sold. You posted that line BEFORE I even flew down to test drive it and buy it. :thwack:

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Correct. I've done a lot of research and at $45K it's an ok price, but not amazing, especially given the time of year.
But it's at the high end of what's acceptable.
Another '11 red SC with about 2,000 miles sold for $42,500 not long ago.

If it's the color you want, then paying a few thousand more is not that bad.
Really?! Have you actually done some comps? I'm thinking that you either haven't or you have some alterior motive.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
FWIW, at $45K I was all over that car unfortunately someone beat me to the punch. If someone here bought a 2011 Lotus Elise SC for $40K, they got one hell of a deal because that is W-A-Y below market value and that car would have easily sold in the low to mid $50K range...remember, it's not like there's tons of these cars everywhere and the exception does not make the rule but rather enforces it. Congrats Guppy Captain :up:

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
FWIW, at $45K I was all over that car unfortunately someone beat me to the punch. If someone here bought a 2011 Lotus Elise SC for $40K, they got one hell of a deal because that is W-A-Y below market value and that car would have easily sold in the low to mid $50K range...remember, it's not like there's tons of these cars everywhere and the exception does not make the rule but rather enforces it. Congrats Guppy Captain :up:
Thanks Abe.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Dude, why don't you just admit that you were trying to steer people clear of it by essentially.....well, fabricating a story that it sold. You posted that line BEFORE I even flew down to test drive it and buy it. :thwack:
Not trying to steer anyone clear and have no ulterior motives dude...

I was the first offer in, at $40K. Then someone else offered $43.5K. The seller asked me if I wanted to match, and I said no. Simple as that.

Enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Not trying to steer anyone clear and have no ulterior motives dude...

I was the first offer in, at $40K. Then someone else offered $43.5K. The seller asked me if I wanted to match, and I said no. Simple as that.

Enjoy it!
Thank you. Good luck in your search.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
So we can presume the car sold at $43.5? Thus, $45k is the high end of recently reported prices. We now have a low of $39,900, and an estimated high of $43.5.

It doesn't matter what asking prices are, only selling prices, which are rarely reported. One such price - and it seemed quite low - was reported for an SC car. One other asking price, $45k, seemed high only on that basis. Now, we have an estimated selling price for the second car.

It's of course possible that other buyers matched or even exceeded the $43.5k price.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I agree Dylan.

I also know of another red 2011 Elise SC that sold for $42,900. It had 2000 miles. Touring package only.

I've also seen a mint 2008 Elise SC 60th Anniversary with 17,700 miles and the asking price was $44,900.

So it seems like $40,000 is a great price for a 2011 Elise SC and $45,000 is a decent price.

Of course, if you find "the one" that you prefer, then spending even more than this makes sense, as it may be a while before that car is available again.

People say that the price drops in the winter, but I'm not so sure, because supply also seems low. I bet you can actually get as good if not better deals in the spring/summer, because there is more supply.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts