The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the sheet of metal protector bolted to the rear diffuser is called? Like an idiot, I bent mine in half and I'm debating buying another vs hitting it with a hammer.

/ where to buy one?

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
A vertical piece or horizontal? How big? Picture? I might even have one.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Engine Undertray A120A0078F $252.59 $202.07

I had to buy one last year. Try your dealer or one of the online places. Mine was around $200. Verify that part number. That's from my old notes.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Engine Undertray A120A0078F $252.59 $202.07

I had to buy one last year. Try your dealer or one of the online places. Mine was around $200. Verify that part number. That's from my old notes.
Yup, that's the part sproket3

1 on the diagram, I didn't know how to even start googling for a ... thingy :p

Thank you

Also, the bolts that hold the front and rear sections are the same?! Whoa mine are not, me thinks I'll be buying a full set of those too

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
No, I'm going to at least try to have it rolled back into shape first. I spun off track in the rain, and bulldozed some mud, which bend the edge of it down. I have a friend who's into metal forming as a hobby.

If I remember correctly, my dealer was like $340 (+10% sales tax).

I'll definitely go with mylotusgarage if my repair doesn't work out.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Should the stock undertray have one black plastic NACA duct or three? The '06 Elise I just bought only has a single one closest to the oil pan, the others are wide open.

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
I vote for three holes as well.

Is Thingy a technical term? I found Thing One and I found Thing Two but am having problems with my Google Image Search of Thingy.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Should be three. The other two probably popped off at some point. I've lost two myself.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Those darn NASA ducts. They had the same problem with the space shuttle tiles..

(the preceding was an attempt at humor)

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
506 Posts
I've lost 2 of the ducts myself. I have another to go in the MT hole now, and I'm just debating what type of adhesive to use on it this time. I think "pookie," AKA silicone gasket stuff. Fortunately, they are cheap at the dealer.

·
Registered
903 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Two things:

- Check ebay - there's a guy selling a parted out salvage Elise. Might have one. Although some of his prices are whack.

- Check Keinayo on the forum - he might have one.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now how long till they deliver? I ordered the "under tray thingy" in dec and I believe it came 2 weeks ago (maybe it was last week?)

I think they drove it the whole way

1 - 19 of 19 Posts