The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While searching for tires MANY questions came up, especially in the tire compound category. Who can explain the "LTS" regarding Advan 048s? Also seeing 2005 production. What are the plus and minus of a 2005 production "new" tire? Then the third category is the medium/hard compound. What are the differences?

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
While searching for tires MANY questions came up, especially in the tire compound category. Who can explain the "LTS" regarding Advan 048s? Also seeing 2005 production. What are the plus and minus of a 2005 production "new" tire? Then the third category is the medium/hard compound. What are the differences?
Generally a harder compound = longer life/less grip. Softer compound = less life/more grip.

San

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
The "LTS" AO48s are the specific Lotus version which are a lighter carcase than the standard AO48 (two belts instead of three... something like that).

The compound used IIRC is the MH compound.

2005 production AO48s? Not worth putting on the car as they will be rock hard (I know this from personal experience... not reading about it!). Also no reputable tire shop would fit them as they are more than 7 years old.

For reference I am currently running the LTS AO48s.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I am currently running LTS AO48s. Looking at r888s but saw the different Advans and was wondering. Especially about the 2005s which are now gone and 2007s are the new options. Why would someone pay more for the older tires?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts