The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recommendations to best clean the undertray / suspension parts underneath the car?
Steam wash ? what product recommendation is best to clean the aluminum parts under the car?

thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
I use a light cleaner and spray it on lift and power wash then take leaf blower to dry and use turtle spray wax .. I removed all the shields and buffed and wax both sides and reinstalled. I would never have done this without having a lift.. I use cheap throw away paint brushes to get the wax into all hard to get places..Seeing it on lift clean sure makes it look as good as top side...and removing the front shield I found from factory wires that should have been wired tied and few other items to make more quiet over bumps ...Few less rattles now

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,573 Posts
Simple Green has a cleaner for aluminum, but the instructions are for a pretty weak solution. But, it still worked fine for me. Did not use it on suspension.

·
Premium Member
11,573 Posts
I use SaltAway after each winter. I attached a garden sprinkler set to "center" to a long piece of wood with a loose tie-wrap.

·
Premium Member
11,573 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,573 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
for cleaning really rough aluminum parts including undertray - the best I've found is eagle one etching mag wheel cleaner

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
@chodrow
for cleaning really rough aluminum parts including undertray - the best I've found is eagle one etching mag wheel cleaner
The chemical doing the etching is hydrochloric acid. I'd be careful what is sprayed and make sure it gets neutralized with baking soda or equal.

·
Premium Member
11,573 Posts
No thanks. As a rule, I always start with the least harsh cleaner and move on only if that fails.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I've never heard of anyone cleaning/washing the underneath panels. Who will ever see them? I've always broomed the the dirt off at each oil change.

·
Premium Member
11,573 Posts
In my case, it was an oil leak.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts