The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so does someone know a source for something like this? also can someone post the measurements of the front plate mounting area if i want to have this produced? and one more...best source for having this produced?

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Go to Motoring accessories, and then license plates. On the top of the page it has some small pictures and you can select from the drop down box. I got the Lotus ones. I got some various sized Lotus emblem stickers stickers from them too, and took some pictures with them in various spaces on the car to see what it would look like.

I'll post them once the film gets developed and put on a disk. I need to buy a digital camera.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am not sure i found what i am looking for there. these may ot be the dimensions i am looking for(exact fit to front tag space) but there is other good shizzle there i'll order!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
The license plates they sell are the standard 6x12inch plates that fit on all cars, they do not have small ones to fit perfectly on just the little rectangular area that is on the front of the car where you can attach the license bracket. The size of that area is 11 3/4 x 2 1/2

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xxxotic said:
The license plates they sell are the standard 6x12inch plates that fit on all cars, they do not have small ones to fit perfectly on just the little rectangular area that is on the front of the car where you can attach the license bracket. The size of that area is 11 3/4 x 2 1/2
wow, that dimension is going to be a bit of a challenge. something to ponder

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is what i want to do

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Hey that's my car at Lime Rock Park! In the pic are the very first and the very latest production Loti.

On the UJ matter.... any decent vinyl or sign place can handle this sort of thing.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thatwill most likely be the solution. and thanks for a good front view of your car, Stan :)

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
you can buy a chrome plate cover that has a small one at the bottom. Alan (biobaggie) has one. Looks good on Lazer blue. I think he said he got it from an Austin Healey site(spelling):confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts