The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think? Questions, Comments...Smart Remarks?

Red:

"Yellow" via Photoshop - a quickie

·
Registered
866 Posts
Austin Powers where are you??:D :D

I think it doesn't work very well. If I had to have it I assume it would look okay on a white, AR or NFB car since those are the colors closest to the flags color. Otherwise, it might as well be a graphics sticker that says Injun.. or whatever they say.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I like the concept.

Don't think it works with yellow. Might get by with red, but doesn't quite look right.

I would guess that black would work best with flag. Laser Blue might match. Not sure about the others.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen blue, red and BRG Minis with the Union Jack. Here's another Photoshop quickie of a blue Elise.

·
Registered
368 Posts
stan,

Just my opinion, but probably best when either the red, the white or the blue is an exact match for the color of the car. Those blues are too far apart, the red was closer and of course no Elises in white in the US, at least not yet anyway...

Otherwise, no problem with the flag being there, seen it on the mini, and the austin powers cars (Shaguar) etc. :)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I would be ok on a red/blue/black/white car, not on yellow.

I've seen these on ebay. They did have ones that were square and had LOTUS undernieth the flag. Put them on the sides where the M cars have their badging and it would look pretty good.

Ebay item

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMO looks okay on some of these Minis...

~ Magnetic Blue:

~ Ardent Red:

~ Racing Green

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Take note though. It needs to be drawn correctly as it is on the mini pic. The red diagonals are not in the middle, the white vertical and horizontal lines are wider than the diagons... etc. Brits (like me) will notice if it is'nt done right :D
BTW all the red diagonals are offset witin the white line, ALL towards the anit-clockwise direction. This does mean that one sise of the car signifies an SOS ( the flag is upside down).

·
Registered
670 Posts
Awful...

Such things work on a few "cute" cars like Mini or VW bug. They do not belong on serious cars.

Steve

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Pass. I don't see the point of the hardtop (and it's cost) tack on another few hundred and all of a sudden you're looking at mid 2K's for the hardtop painted. Too little return for the money spent.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'd leave the UJ bit for the cars that are supposed to be what they what they really can never be.
It's too "pop" for the Elise, imo.
i'll admit that the BEON Cooper S is a serious bit of kit when driven well.
m.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think that stripes may prove popular for the Elise. A number of dealers are looking into offfering them as an option.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts